cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BrokenOldBottle
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Pavilion x2-10-k077nr does not power up

HP Recommended
HP Pavillion x2-10-K077-NR

Recieved a new thumb drive with the backup needed to refire my system from a blue screen. Now the unit will not fire up at all. Tried all the power/VOl+ buttons for 15 seconds, nothing seems to work.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,614 3,972
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BrokenOldBottle

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand the computer isn't turning on anymore,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you reset the computer to release excessive static?

While you respond to that, The best way to do that is using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
BrokenOldBottle
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I really dont know how to get rid of excess static elec, but I did let it run down and have tried an alternate power source. No Luck.

I got the new flash drive with the reset program on it and the system fired up just fine and ran for three days or so. The it let it sit overnight unplugged and two days later tried to fire it up and nothing.  I thought it was the battery, but even plugged in with an alternate power source it doesn't fire up.

0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,614 3,972
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BrokenOldBottle

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

I'm afraid if an alternate power source isn't working and the device is no longer powering on,

This could be a hardware malfunction within the device and would requires a hardware repair/replacement via HP:

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  

* Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

* Enter Product number or select to auto detect

* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution".

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation