cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
EstelleB
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Pavilion x2 10-n107na won't update due to space issue

HP Recommended
Pavillion x2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been trying to install the latest Windows update to my Pavillion x2 and it keeps failing as it says it needs nearly 5GB more space on the C drive. I found a solution on here which involved driving the update from a USB with secondary external storage but it still insists that it needs this extra space on the C drive as well as using the SD card.

I have now removed absolutely everything other than what it tells me are necessary system files, so I was wondering if there was anything in system32 that I could temporarily move to the E drive in order to get the update to work, or anything else that can be suggested?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,946 2,576
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@EstelleB,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to install windows update due to low disk space.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the below steps to free up space on your computer.

* Run the Disk Cleanup tool, and then at the bottom of the window that pops up, click on "Clean up system files". Check everything, hit OK, and let it run. You will free up several GB for sure.

* Another thing to do is disable hibernate file. Run CMD as Administrator, and type the following:

* powercfg hibernate off

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation