Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x2 10 - n200nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

power_issue.JPGHi to everybody I'm new in the forum! I write as I have the same issue described on this post https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavilion-x2-10-n200nl-chargi... but there is no solution.

Basically when battery is low I connect power cable and red led turns on. If I press the power button the battery symbol appears on the screen and then the pc turns off. After some minutes led becomes white and only then I'm able to power on pc.

I just did a factory default but it didn't solve.

If someone has any advice I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance

Marco

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi! @mturco84, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you have battery charging issues with your laptop.

Don't worry I'll to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your laptop?

Have you tried charging your laptop using a different adapter or battery?

As you mentioned you have battery charging issues with your laptop.

Check if the pin inside the DC or charging port is bent or broken.

Try updating the BIOS on your PC and check if it helps.

Link to update the BIOS: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp85001-85500/sp85243.exe

Also, You can update the drivers using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

Also, Please perform below-shown steps to resolve the issue:

Step 01. Click on the Start Button
Step 02. Type "Device Manager" in the start search box & open the Device Manager
Step 03. Look for Batteries and expand it by click on the + symbol on the left
Step 04. Right Click on "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" & uninstall
Note: This Battery driver will get reinstalled automatically when you restart the Notebook again
Step 05. Please Shutdown the Notebook
Step 06. Please remove the Battery and unplug the Power Adapter
Step 07. Press and Hold the Power Button for full 1 Minute
Step 08. Go ahead and put back the Battery and connect the Power Adapter
Step 09. Look for "Plugged In Charging" message on the Battery icon

Refer this article to further troubleshoot battery issues with your PC.

Also, try running a system diagnostics test on your PC and check if the hardware components on your PC are functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC.

If the issue still persists it is a hardware issue with your PC. Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HI,

thanks for your question but it didn't solve. I didn't do any sw or hw change. My netbook has the built-in battery.

the PIN is ok also in the charging port.

I tried to flash new bios but the issue remains

Also the test battery and the test of AC adapter passes so it's not an hw issue.

What else can I do?

Marco

HP Recommended

@mturco84

It looks like you were interacting with MrRobot, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out. I'm KrazyToad & I'm at your service. 

I have gone through your case. Have you tried all the troubleshooting steps suggested by MrRobot?

If the issue persists, I suggest you contact our Phone Support and our Support Engineers should be able to assist you with this issue

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Thank you 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

yes I tried what suggested by Mr Robot but it didn't solve it.

If I understand correctly I have to pay 30 Euro to have support?

This problem seems common to a lot of users that have this model but it seems there is no solution.

I 'm not very happy about this HP product as it started to have problems just after the expiration of guarantee it was not used too much.

Let me know

Thanks for your cooperation

Marco

HP Recommended

@mturco84

I understand your concerns and frustration.

I have escalated your concerns to HP’s Support Team to review your case.  You should be contacted within 2 business days (this does not include weekends or holidays).

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.