cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Not applicable
87 46 4 5
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Prime Help searching

HP Recommended

If I go into the help system, and select search, I can enter some text to search for.

I have noticed that it will stop at the first occurance.  I do not see a way to search for the next occurance.  Nor are there any "advanced" searching features (shall I mention regular expressions?) -- just a simple search.

I hope HP will increase the functionality of the Prime's built-in documentation as I indicate here and in other messages I have posted.

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Author
Not applicable
87 46 4 5
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There it is right before my eyes!  must have been in a blind spot.

Thanks Joe!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Joe_Horn
Level 8
648 633 124 220
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> I have noticed that it will stop at the first occurance.  I do not see a way to search for the next occurance.

After performing a Search, "Next" will appear on the 4th menu button of the Help Tree screen.  Each press of Next will jump to the next Tree entry containing your search text. After the last occurrence is found, pressing Next just flashes the orange alert icon.

If you are already viewing a Help screen for an item, be sure to tap Tree (the 1st menu button) to return to the Help Tree.  If you tap OK instead of Tree (while viewing a Help screen), you won't be able to continue the Search.

Hope that helps!

-Joe-

-Joe-
0 Kudos
Author
Not applicable
87 46 4 5
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There it is right before my eyes!  must have been in a blind spot.

Thanks Joe!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation