Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Prime

I've been using my HP Prime for about a month now. And, suddenly while I was trying to use the calculator, the screen froze and showed the x^2 +y^2 with a circle and shut down. I can't get it to open and I have tried pressing the reset button, the reset button and the SYMB button at the same time. And the computer can't detect the calculator either.

It doesn't seem to charge either.

I saw other people had troubles with the x^2 screen, but it to do with updating and I haven't done that.

Thanks for any help!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello,

They are a number of things that you could try.

Assuming that you do not have any important data in memory, the easiest way might be to erase the memory.

press and hold the C, F and O keys. Press and release the rest button.

This will drop you in the diagnostic screen.

PRess 4: FLS utilities and then 3 ENTER to format the file system.

Once complete, reset the calculator and see if it works better.

Cyrille

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response. 

The calculator is still not responding. Can't get it to turn on at all. Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hello,

You are saying that the screen does not even turn on?

If yes, then try the following

Remove the battery, Press and hold the Symb key, then connect the USB cable (itself connected to power, computer...)

Does this turn the screen ON? If yes, then the calc seems to be working. if no, the then there is most likely a HW problem.

if yes, then try again to remove the battery/connect USB, but wit the C/F/O keys pressed this time and try to format C: drive as in my previous answer and see if it boots.

If this does not work, try again the USB+SYmb and do a system update.

Cyrille

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I tried taking out the battery and pressing SYMB connected to charger. The screen still does not turn on... 

Is there anything that HP can do to help/fix it?

HP Recommended

Contact support. Definitely seems like some sort of hardware issue from your description.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
HP Recommended

Thank you so much, it does boot and work now when connected with USB to my computer.

My next problem, however. Is that it ONLY starts when it is connected, while it says that the battery is full.

Could you please help me out?

HP Recommended

It seems that I have been too hasty with my respond, given that I have not tried the next step that you told to do in your first comment. 
I will try that first!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.