Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
3500CA
Android 4.1 - 4.3.1 Jelly Bean

Hi there,

I need a direct link to the 35xx update.zip (from 2015) in order to restore a tablet that was soft-bricked by an update.

I was unable to retrieve it from the product page as all that is listed there is the HP Assistant.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@3500CATAB,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I see from your post you are having issues related to your HP Slate 10. Don't worry I'll be glad to help you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What exactly seems to be the issue with the tablet? Is it not booting.

Have you tried to perform a factory reset on the tablet?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the tablet: 

A hard reboot can resolve many startup issues. Press and hold the power button for more than eight seconds. After the tablet fully shuts down, wait a few seconds, and then press the power button to turn on the tablet.

Here's the software and driver download page, on this screen, please select the Operating system as Android and then select the version and then you will need to select the correct file - Click here for the link.

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to follow the instructions and perform a factory reset on the tablet: HP Tablets - Performing a Factory Reset on Your Tablet (Android KitKat, Jelly Bean)

Or the last resort would be to perform a system recovery on the tablet - Performing a System Recovery on Your HP Slate 7 HD or Slate 10 HD Tablet (Android 4.2/Jelly Bean)

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Eagerly waiting for your response!

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm able to reach the factory reset menu but the device continues to fail booting.

I am trying to preform a system recovery but was unable to find the image for the sd card, as the product page for this device has no drivers section.

Your response is helpful but does not provide a solution.

HP Recommended

@3500CATAB,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you have followed the steps suggested and unfortunately nothing has helped to resolve this issue. 

In this scenario, I will share you a private message with details. Please watch your inbox for more information.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.