cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mobyfish Top Student
Top Student
4 4 0 2
Message 81 of 113
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Slate 21 with 4.4.2 sounds bad

Yeeh. Sleate is dead for me.Time to unmount wireless speakers from the wall. Thanks to  everyone  from here,thanks to Carlone,who communicate for us.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Grad Student Grad Student
Grad Student
115 112 19 37
Message 82 of 113
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello,

I did some investigation today and I believe what is happening is that for users who upgrade from the Jelly Bean image directly to the new 17r20.1-011-11-WW the issue doesn't appear now that we applied the fix.  However for those who went to the previous KitKat image first and then to 17r20.1-011-11-WW, the updated configuration fix for the DTS driver is getting installed but for some reason is not being used by Android. 

So, if you are continuing to have the audio issue after getting the new build, please perform a reset of the system (Settings -> Backup & reset -> Factory data reset) and this should fix your issue.  Please note you must have the latest image (17r20.1-011-11-WW) before doing the reset.

Thanks to Carlone for pointing this issue out and for helping to verify the fix worked for him.

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused everyone, but hopefully this will resolve your remaining issues.

Regards,

COWA

charleypick Tutor
Tutor
9 8 0 2
Message 83 of 113
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Is it possible to just install the update and then reboot into recovery mode and clear the caches instead of doing a clean reinstallation.
0 Kudos
Tutor Sleepwalke12 Tutor
Tutor
7 7 0 2
Message 84 of 113
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I think it requires a full recovery so that the new DTS driver to kick in. 

0 Kudos
gambit7025 Tutor
Tutor
10 9 0 2
Message 85 of 113
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I turned my system on today and proceeded to do other things. When I came back my Slate thanked me for downloading the new build, 17r25.1-010-10-WW which "fixed audio issues " (??)

......AND of course the audio issue is still there (no bass, all treble).

So I did a factory reset just to see if the audio driver would kick in. Nope , no luck what so ever.

Again, frustrated.
0 Kudos
Tutor Sleepwalke12 Tutor
Tutor
7 7 0 2
Message 86 of 113
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

The new build is 11-WW and doing a factory reset afterward is resolving the issue. Build 10-WW has the audio issue. Not sure why you are getting that image unless it sitting in your cache.

0 Kudos
gambit7025 Tutor
Tutor
10 9 0 2
Message 87 of 113
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I'm not sure if I made myself clear, but the build it updated to was the 10-WW. I have now done yet another factory resetstillonce again I get the 10-WW build.

I can't locate anything in the files that relates to an audio driver.
0 Kudos
gambit7025 Tutor
Tutor
10 9 0 2
Message 88 of 113
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I'm not sure if I made myself clear, but the build it updated to was the 10-WW. I have now done yet another factory reset once again and I still get the 10-WW build.

I can't locate anything in the files that relates to an audio driver.
0 Kudos
claushansendk Top Student
Top Student
7 4 0 0
Message 89 of 113
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

How do I "pull" the new update ? Using the Android Search for new updates does not bring anything ???

0 Kudos
Grad Student Grad Student
Grad Student
115 112 19 37
Message 90 of 113
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello Gambit,

As Sleepwalker mentioned, the latest image that fixes the audio issue is 11-WW.  However this was only recently released so it may take a couple of days before it is available to you.  Until you receive build 11-WW there is no reason to do additional factory resets as it will not speed up the new image being delivered to you.  However, after you receive 11-WW and install it, I would suggest doing one additional factory reset to verify you have all the fixes properly installed.

Hello claushansendk,

The Google Updater delivers images in stages over a 1-2 week timeframe generally and the systems in each of the stages is random.   Unfortunately there is no real way to jump to the top of the list.  Clicking the check for update button will force a check, but if your system isn't in the current stage it will just continue to tell you that you are up to date.

Regards,

COWA

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation