cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Intern
Intern
32 25 0 5
Message 111 of 113
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Slate 21 with 4.4.2 sounds bad

Lucky you!

I have bought the first slate21 in June 2014. Returned it in July for issues with the sd card and headset/speakers jack. Got a new one in August and ran JB with no issues (besides the keyboard that is a Japanese layout and will always need the switch button punched every sec to write romanji.. though I know that cannot be fixed.. I would need to but a new romanji-only physical k-board.. imagine that!). 

Now that the machine has decided on its own to upgrade and update to KK I can report the following issues:

- Speakers volume sometimes is OK other times is too low

- Bluetooth disconnects and gives ugly noise when switching through apps

- Lost permissions on external HD and sd (can`t move, delete, copy any file on HHD and sd now!!)

- Can`t upload attachments (any kind ..pics, docs and so on) in Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail (pretty much for all email accounts known)  mail anymore

- Crashes when browsing Internet are constant and cannot get the previous session restored! (no matter what browser I use)

- Freezing of the OS (need hard reboot/shutdown)

- Cannot reinstall JB (no root permission of course) only KK can be run on this machine now

- VLC and apps touchscreen non responsive (need to touch or mouse click 3 to 8 times to launch or pause)

The machine was doing just fine untill the OS was replaced with KK latest update so it is not a faulty machine that I have here.

Warranty should be 12 months so I am OK still.

I contacted customer service a 5th time yesterday. I was given a new Ref. number (my 4th) and promised prompt (24/48h) resolution (I asked for a refund and/or a replacement with a different product.. I do not want this slate21 anymore!). Will see what happens.

0 Kudos
Retired george-p
Retired
15,311 9,281 121 368
Message 112 of 113
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi @slate21jp ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publically post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Regards,
George

I work for HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Intern
Intern
32 25 0 5
Message 113 of 113
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Dear George,

One of your colleague, a certain Susan from c.s., just told me that she closed my case.

No fixes were provided, no refund (of course, she says, it wouldn`t have been HP policy anyway to give refunds...!!!!), no return, no replacement, nothing.

3 months I spent chasing stars after you guys and I am now told that, apparently, being currently in Japan, and not in the US, makes impossible for you to help me.

Imagine that!

In every chat session, every email exchanged, I always mentioned, let my counterpart know, clearly stated that `I was in Japan`, that the item was purchased here via Amazon.jp (they have my SN and PN too don`t theY? so..) and that I was contacting them and not the Japanese customer service (which btw,  I had contacted months before anyway and obviously got nothing from them too.. my bad, I do not speak well enough their language) because they only offer assistance in their language (and I have none to help me out with the interpreting..).

Nope that wasn`t an issue, I was told, and now it is the reason, apparently, for them to unilaterally close my case without providing any assistance at all.

What a blast of flawless logic and fair business policy!

Thank you HP.. for nothing!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation