cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
1stlast
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Slate 7 2800

HP Recommended

I have a Slate 7 2800 and am going to Germany next year.  Will the Slate work with the local WIFI in Germany?  Will I be able to charge it with the correct adapter?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
erico
Level 17
Level 17
48,437 21,292 4,685 8,961
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The wifi will work in Germany, just as it does for me here in the Netherlands. The wifi channel  issue mentioned by another  is not really an issue at all.  I have an HP product loan Slate 7 that is a US  version and it has had not difficulty connecting to hotspots wherever I have been. I have also used my US notebook in quite a few European countries with the original wireless hardware.

You do not need a converter to use the power adapter, what you need is a power plug that matches German house power outlets.  I have a power plug adapter kit that I purchased at a Brookstone store at the Atlanta airport.  The second image shows exactly which type of plug will fit in power outlets in  Germany

PWR_Plug1.pngPWR_plug2.png

Erico

I am not an HP Employee. I volunteer my time to help support fellow members in the community.
Click the Yes button to make a comment that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my reply resolves your issue, please take the time to mark it as an Accepted Solution to make it easier for someone who has the same issue to quickly find the solution.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
6 REPLIES 6
hsimo
Level 4
Level 4
107 107 8 24
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It should work with the Wifi, also the charger will work provided you have the proper adapter/converter. German outlets produce 220-240volts versus the US standard 120volts so be sure you have the correct converter before plugging it in.

I work for HP

Please be sure and click the thumbs up+/kudos button if you found my posts helpful.

Also please mark my post as the accepted solution if it answers your question so that others can benefit from your question.
WyreNut
Level 15
16,335 14,641 1,045 2,051
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The one problem you may run into is the fact the Slate 7 2800 uses the US standard WiFi channels of 1 - 11.

Many places use 12 and 13 in Europe.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
BMWE91
Level 3
Level 3
44 19 1 3
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I believe you can manually set up the WIFI channel in the WIFI setting, if you dont know how to do it, please contact HP call center and they will guide you through.

I am an HP employee.
erico
Level 17
Level 17
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The wifi will work in Germany, just as it does for me here in the Netherlands. The wifi channel  issue mentioned by another  is not really an issue at all.  I have an HP product loan Slate 7 that is a US  version and it has had not difficulty connecting to hotspots wherever I have been. I have also used my US notebook in quite a few European countries with the original wireless hardware.

You do not need a converter to use the power adapter, what you need is a power plug that matches German house power outlets.  I have a power plug adapter kit that I purchased at a Brookstone store at the Atlanta airport.  The second image shows exactly which type of plug will fit in power outlets in  Germany

PWR_Plug1.pngPWR_plug2.png

Erico

I am not an HP Employee. I volunteer my time to help support fellow members in the community.
Click the Yes button to make a comment that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my reply resolves your issue, please take the time to mark it as an Accepted Solution to make it easier for someone who has the same issue to quickly find the solution.

View solution in original post

1stlast
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do I need an adapter that transforms the voltage to 120V? 

erico
Level 17
Level 17
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@1stlast wrote:

Do I need an adapter that transforms the voltage to 120V? 

It isn't necessary. If you take a look at the incredibly small printing on the label you will see it says 100-240 VAC. That encompasses the complete range of household power worldwide.

Erico

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation