cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
ludohavil Tutor
Tutor
5 4 0 4
Message 1 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Slate 7 Extreme Android 5.1 Lollipop

Hi:

nVidia just release the Tegra Note 7 update to Android 5.1 Lollipop (https://twitter.com/nvidiashield/status/624279523572498434)

when will be available to the Slate Extreme since basically is the same device?

can I update to the rom of the Tegra Note 7?

thanks,

12 REPLIES 12
Provost Provost
Provost
78,013 77,423 9,512 20,596
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ludohavil wrote:

....  when will be available to the Slate Extreme since basically is the same device?

Hi,

Well, they are not the same. They won't run same code.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Laca_ Top Student
Top Student
1 1 0 2
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The question remains, will hp push lollipop for slate 7 extreme? Would be great to have usable sd card support again...
Provost
Provost
18,593 14,900 1,029 2,042
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Laca_ wrote:
The question remains, will hp push lollipop for slate 7 extreme? Would be great to have usable sd card support again...

I seriously doubt this will occur.

There are newer tablets from HP than the Extreme that have yet to receive KitKat!   😞

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
0 Kudos
ludohavil Tutor
Tutor
5 4 0 4
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Actually, 

the HP Slate 7 Extreme is a rebranded Tegra Note 7 with more bloatware and a HP custom firmware.

usually has gotten the update a few weeks after nVidia release it for the official Tegra Note 7.

I need a response from an actual HP support not the people who polute the forum with no idea what they post.

Provost
Provost
18,593 14,900 1,029 2,042
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ludohavil wrote:

Actually, 

the HP Slate 7 Extreme is a rebranded Tegra Note 7 with more bloatware and a HP custom firmware.

usually has gotten the update a few weeks after nVidia release it for the official Tegra Note 7.

I need a response from an actual HP support not the people who polute the forum with no idea what they post.

There is no one here who will speak "officially" for HP.  This Forum is comprised of mainly Volunteers, sitting at home (like you) who offer our valuable time to help folks who desire it...  The few HP Employees who come here speak for themselves.

Casting insults at those of us who are trying to help you usually results in the opposite result that you desire.

BTW, the word is spelled "pollute".  A spell checker is freely available in the top right corner of every text composition box here.  It has "ABC" on it, and a check mark...

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
0 Kudos
wegg Top Student
Top Student
4 4 0 2
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would also like to know if 5.1 will be available for my newly purchased tablet.

ludohavil Tutor
Tutor
5 4 0 4
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It you got it as an offense is because it fit you.

As we said in spanish "el que le sirva el sayo que se lo ponga"

intead of been worry about spelling, you should try to learn a bit about what you will write in the forum, so your time will be thank by others as was mine (I got +1, you did not).

Check the specs so you can verufy what I posted here.

0 Kudos
wegg Top Student
Top Student
4 4 0 2
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have no idea what you are trying to tell me. . . Coats?  Spelling?  Specs?

For a few years I have had a Tegra note 7 by EVGA and just before it died (USB port doesn't work any more) it recieved a 5.1 update from nvidia.  I know it is the an exact match to the Slate 7 extreme.  It fits in the same case and everything.  Same exact specs/pen/camerea/chip etc.  So at some point nvidia would have sent HP a working Lollypop 5.1 for their OEM model of the Note 7.  . . so now I'm wondering if HP are going to re-brand it and upload it for those of us with a Slate 7 Extreme.

0 Kudos
ludohavil Tutor
Tutor
5 4 0 4
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So, you purchased a new Slate 7 Extreme (aka Tegra Note 7 rebranded)?

In my history with HP, they has taken between 6 and 10 weeks to release the update after nVidia release it for the EVGA one.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation