cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rei_vilo
Level 3
36 28 3 5
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP Slate 7 Plus 4200 Driver for Windows 8.1

HP Recommended

Hi!

I'm trying to install the USB driver for the HP Slate 7 Plus 4200.

I've already looked the following threads, without success:

Thnak you for providing the driver for the hp Slate 7 Plus 4200.

--- rei_vilo
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
rei_vilo
Author
Level 3
36 28 3 5
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The HP Slate 7 Plus 4200 is not even listed on the support page at http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-005&h_lang=en&h_cc=us&h_product=5169094 :HalfEyes:

--- rei_vilo
0 Kudos
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,951 42,191 4,642 12,405
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you connect the Slate to a PC with Windows 8  just what is the issue that you are having?

You have not shared that with us. That is why no one has responded.

You can access developer options and  then enable usb modes by entering the slate's settings --> about tablet and then tapping the Build number eight times. You can also enable OTG  while you are there.

Screenshot_2014-03-22-16-06-34.png

I am not an HP Employee.
0 Kudos
WyreNut
Level 15
16,215 14,975 1,036 2,075
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If the "driver" you need is just to gain access to the internal and external (SD card) tablet storage from your PC, then try toggling the setting found here:

Settings App/Storage/Options icon (looks like 3 stacked blocks in the top right corner)/USB computer connection.

See if "MTP" has been checked.  If not, check it.  See if you can get access to the tablet.  If not, try changing to "PTP" mode, and try again.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
0 Kudos
WyreNut
Level 15
16,215 14,975 1,036 2,075
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@rei_vilo wrote:

The HP Slate 7 Plus 4200 is not even listed on the support page at http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-005&h_lang=en&h_cc=us&h_product=5169094 :HalfEyes:

@rei_vilo  - you are looking in the wrong place.

The page you linked to is for the webOS TouchPad, not the Android Slate series of tablets!

Slate7 series can be found here:

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-001&h_lang=en&h_cc=us&h_product=5379525&h_client=S-A...

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
0 Kudos
rei_vilo
Author
Level 3
36 28 3 5
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer.

I've followed the procedure described by 

The problem was that the modification of the driver made it unsigned, and thus rejected by Windows 8.1. 

So the problem was solved by rebooting in special mode with no USB driver signature check. 

Thanks for the link... but the page provides no answer to drivers for Windows 8.1.

HP team: Shouldn't be nice to provide clear procedures on how to connect the Slate 7 to computers?

--- rei_vilo
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation