Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Android 4.4 KitKat

My device is a HP Slate 7 Voice Tab.

Model: HSTNH-820C

Android: 4.4.2

Smallband: HLWB_CP_2.72.024:HELAN_A0_M16_AI_DSDS_R7_MSA_2,72.006

Kernel: 3.4.39

Build Number v1.01.11_20150713.453.2

I am neither able to write on the SD Card.

Help me get the tablet fully functional .

Regards

Ravi

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @RKT5,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you have an issue with writing on the SD card on your HP Slate 7. Don't worry we'll work together to find a solution for you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you tried to check if the SD card works on another computer?

When was the last time it worked?

In the meantime, I would suggest you follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP Tablets - Working with Files (Android 4.4/KitKat)

If you have followed the steps suggested and the SD card works fine on another PC. I would suggest the next step would be to perform a factory reset on the tablet and check if that helps.

Please find the instructions to perform a Factory reset on the tablet - HP Tablets - Performing a Factory Reset on Your Tablet (Android KitKat, Jelly Bean)

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I can Access the Folders on the SD Card of my HP Tablet, but I am not able to write or paste any file on the SD CARD. I have taken a screen shot of what is displayed when I open the HP File Manager, but how can I send it to u. I don't know how send it to u.

I am still not able to use  the SD Card/Stoarge device as a extended memory.

HP Recommended

Hi @RKT5,

Thank you for replying,

I just wanted to check what are you trying to write? Are you trying to write any programs or copy files, documents, pictures.

File manager apps may not have permission to access or modify the contents of the memory card. So I would suggest you could try to download a third party app such as File Manager HD from google play store.

I hope this information helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.