Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'm working on an app. that displays web pages within a WebView component. The Slate Pro 21 supplied before Christmas is running Android 4.3. The WebView component in 4.3 is buggy: there are problems with rendering of select elements, loading of web fonts and display of the Android keyboard (these are the problems I've encountered so far!). 

Android 4.4 (KitKat) includes a new WebView component based on the Chromium open source project. I urgently need this upgrade. Could someone from HP please advise on when it will be forthcoming?

Thanks,

Ger

Product: GOW16AA

Android Version: 4.3

Kernel Version: 3.4.57

HP Recommended

Yes, Kitkat would be extremely useful for those of us trying to use these as kiosks ...

HP Recommended

Is there anyone from HP reading this who can respond as to when we might see a 4.4 Kitkat update for the Slate 21 Pro?

Is there an official plan to keep this platform current with the Android development roadmap? Or is this going to be a "one and done" platform?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I am hoping that now the issue for HP Slate 21 (non-Pro)'s issue is solved with 4.4.2 the update will be rolled out to Pro 21 by Q2/2015....

HP Recommended

Hi fb88..

Are those confirmed timeframes? Q2/2015?

Thanks,

Bharath

HP Recommended

Any news of the 4.4 rom?

HP Recommended

I'd also like to know if there is a scheduled upgrate to KitKat 4.4 (or Lollipop 5.0)?

HP Recommended
Add me to this list, surprised there is no official word on this yet.
HP Recommended

As a consumer who purchased a Slate 21 pro to streamline work flow-throughs, I expected that the bare minimum of support from HP would include keeping this device compatible with common workplace software like MS Office.

Please don't abandon your loyal HP customers less they abandon you.

I expect an update to Lollipop but I demand one to Kit-Kat.

Please HP, advise me to whether I should junk this device and shift future purchasing decisions to more customer dedicated manufacturers.  

HP Recommended

Hello,

A KitKat update for Slate 21 Pro was released last week.  As the release is done in stages it may not be available to you yet, but should become available sometime over the next few weeks.

Regards,

COWA

HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.