cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Enrico1966 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Slate6 Tethering - cannot connect to internet

Hi Configured the Tethering on my slate6 but, even I can connect in wifi with others teminals (phones, laptop, tablets) I cannot navigate in internet (no connection). I'm able to navigate in internet from the slate6 itself Iit means there is the internet connection. I tried to rboot and then reset the phablet but without any results. I made several attempts... The SIM is working in tethering on other devices and other SIM that functioning fine on other devices are not working in the slate6. I'm using Vodafone SIM (Italy). How can I fix the issue?

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Retired
Retired
11,348 10,963 247 604
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Enrico1966  , welcome to the HP Forums. I am not certain what you are asking, can you clarify? It sounds like you are saying your WiFi is working OK, but your SIM is not able to browse the internet. If that is the case, the available troubleshooting is in one of these documents:
Connecting to a Wireless Network (Android KitKat, Jelly Bean)
Connecting to a 3G Mobile Broadband Network (Android 4.2/Jelly Bean)

If you have more to add, please include your product number, and the version of Android installed:
Guide to finding your product number
What version of Android do I have?

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Enrico1966 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm able to connect to wifi and my SIM is able to navigate internet but, I'm not able to navigate internet from the device connected via Tethering to the HP slate6.

The version of the O.S. Android 4.2.2.

S/N: [edited Serial Number by Moderator]

0 Kudos
Retired george-p
Retired
15,311 9,281 121 368
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Enrico1966 ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I needed to edit your post and remove the Serial Number. From our Rules of Participation:

Protect privacy - yours and others'. Don't share anything about yourself that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. Don't post contact or other personal information-your own or anyone else's-or any content that you receive in one-to-one communications without the author's consent. For example, don’t post your computer’s serial # or contact information publicly, and do not allow someone you don’t know to remotely take control of your computer.

If you need people to contact you directly, either ask them to send you a private message or subscribe to the thread so you will be notified when there are replies. You may also click on your name anywhere in the forum and you will be taken to your profile page, where you can find a list of threads you have participated in.

Sharing personal email addresses, telephone numbers, and last names is not allowed for your safety. If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message in reply.

Thank you
George

I work for HP
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
11,348 10,963 247 604
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I do not see any documentation on tethering, and I have never used tethering myself so I don't have any tips to offer.
HP Slate 6 6000ea VoiceTab support

These documents show the basic process to set it up. If they don't work, you may need a 3rd party app.
How To Tether Your Android Phone For Free
How to Tether With Android

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Provost
Provost
18,583 14,891 1,027 2,038
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tethering is often tied to a permission from the cell provider.   (Often involving extra charges per month).

Have you set up this ability with your company?

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Enrico1966 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The sim is working well and the same SIM is tethering on another phone.

It means that iit is the voicetab that is not working

0 Kudos
Enrico1966 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My slate 6 Voicetab is not tethering. This is not a SIM problem as it works with another phone (Samsung).

When I activate the tethering on the slate 6 I'm able to connect another device (ie. a samsung phone or laptop) to it but it is not possible to navigate internet from the connected device (the samsung phone in this example)

I already performed the HW reset.

I have Android 4.2.2

Can you help me?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
3,811 3,408 221 568
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @Enrico1966 ,

I understand you're experiencing issues tethering your HP Slate 6 Voice Tab.

Looking at the user guide for this tablet it would imply data sharing only works over a Bluetooth connection.

Activate tethering or a portable hotspot (select models only)
To share your product's mobile data connection via USB or as a portable Wi-Fi hotspot:
1. Touch 1.png, and then touch 2.png.
2. Under WIRELESS & NETWORKS, More ..., and then touch Tethering and portable hotspot.
3. To set up a portable Wi-Fi hotspot, touch Portable Wi-Fi hotspot.
4. To share your product's mobile data connection, touch Bluetooth tethering.

Try tethering via Bluetooth and let me know if that works. 🙂

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
jjrodriguez Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. With my slate 6. I have done al step and not work tethering
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation