cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
billslate7
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Slate7 HD tablet data purchase

HP Recommended
HP Slate 7 HD Tablet
Android 4.4 - 4.4.4 KitKat

I have an HP Slate 7 HD tablet that I purchased in 2014 which came with 250MB of included data.  Whenever I needed more data I could simply purchase a top-up via Foggmobile.  However the top-up process has stopped working in the last couple of weeks.  I spoke to HP IT technical  support about it a few days ago and they advised me that the top-up process ceased to be available two years ago, but I have been using it regularly until about mid December 2017, so this appears to be complete nonsense.  Has the top-up system been recently terminated and, if so, how do I purchase more data?  If a top-up is no longer available via Foggmobile, can I install another data SIM in my machine to get up and running again?  Will this work smoothly and seamlessly or will I need to unlock the machine?  It was originally purchased from Argos rather than HP direct.  Does this make a difference?  Please don't advise that I use WiFi to get an internet connection as the only reason for buying the machine in the first place was that it could get a connection on-the-go via the mobile phone network.

billslate7 

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation