Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre X2 12-C008tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I just purchased the HP Spectre X2 12-C008tu detachable convertible PC and am having issues with battery life. I am only getting around 3-4 hours with regular usage (browsing, email, little youtube here and there). I am not getting anywhere near the advertised 8 hours.

Also, I wanted to know whether it is possible to roll out an update for the included keyboard, to have the backlight dim after a period of inactivity - this was something that I found on the Surface Pro devices that was very handy and would definitely help improve battery life as the keyboard backlight would not be lit up unless it was being used by the keyboard. Also, is it possible to introduce different levels of brightness? Hoping these features could be included somehow in the near future.

Thanks!

Huey

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello, @itsmehuey – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for joining HP Support Forums. I’d glad to be of your assistance!

I understand that you are not getting the advertised the battery life on your new HP notebook. You need to update the BIOS and chipset drivers to improve general notebook battery life. 

I would suggest you first try and use HP Support Assistant to download the necessary drivers to update the old ones.

HP Support Assistant is a software program designed to help you keep your computer in working order, prevent potential problems from arising, and resolve problems quickly and easily. The program also provides valuable system information that you need when troubleshooting computer problems. Please go to http://hp.care/2gFA6Q8 to install the HP SA if you do not have it already.

Also, if you have the HP SA installed then go to http://hp.care/2gqoIri and follow the steps under “Checking for HP updates’ to find and install the updates.

Make sure the BIOS & chipset drivers are updated. Also, there is no option to dim the keyboard back light. You can either turn it on or off. Currently, the backlight will go off after a moment of inactivity.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello and thank you for your reply. However, I have already updated everything from the chipset, the bios and all other drivers. But I am still only getting 3-4 hours battery life.

Also, you did not reply to anything that I previously mentioned about the keyboard backlight features.

HP Recommended

Hello, @itsmehuey

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options, if any. 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanks. They have contacted me and I have just provided a response.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I'm having the same issue with the battery as you, can you let me know if the support team provided a good solution to improve the battery life to what is supposed to be?

Thanks.

HP Recommended
The support team have not even bothered responding to me after I had PM'ed them further details. Such poor support (lack of support I mean)
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.