cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
aapfuss
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Stream 32 GB with Win 10, no drive space to install apps/programs

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I have a new HP Stream with 32GB hard drive. Windows 10 and associated files leaves me with 3.5 GB 

I am informed there is no way to install new apps/programs to an SD card (or anywhere else)

only bought the HP due to personal issues requiring PC use at home.

I need to be able to install apps/programs elsewhere, other than C: or move (most) windows from C:

Thoughts please...

A

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
CherylG
Level 17
44,714 38,155 3,356 11,465
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I installed a 64gb SD card in a Stream I had once.Then I set the default location for new apps as SD card. You can also set the SD card as location for photos,documents,etc. I didn't use the Stream long so not sure how well it works out in the longterm.

https://www.remosoftware.com/info/install-windows-10-apps-on-sd-card-and-other-drives

Another trick that frees up a good deal of space is doing a clean Windows installation using a USB flash drive and the free Windows 10 iso from Microsoft. That only works until the next big update comes out and fills up the drive again so it is a continuing battle.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation