Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Stream 7
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

HP Stream 7 Error code 0xc0000225 after windows 10 update.

I booted it and then it showed an error message:

Recovery

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired 

A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed 

Error Code: 0xc0000225 

You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation device media, Contact your PC Administrator (My Tablet or I'm the Pc Administrator but I don't know computers because I'm a. Student) or PC/Device Manufacturer (Someone just gave me this tablet she forgot the PC/Device Manufacturer

Please press the Windows key (which I can't because of It doesn't have a keyboard or if it is the home key it doesn't work)

I can't boot it because of error code: 0xc0000225 

My recent software is  Windows 10 Home

Internet connection is wireless

Plus because it is a tablet I can't connect a keyboard and a usb recovery file or a disc

I have NO RECOVERY FILES TO LOAD ON ANY MicroSD.  I'm guessing this thing is bound for the crusher.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@olsendp,

Thank you for posting your query in the Hp support forums. A good day to you. I have reviewed the case. I will be glad to assist. Great description of the issue. Kudos to you for that.

• Did you run diagnostics on the tablet and check again?

Let's try these steps:

• From this user guide link: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04491263 run diagnostics on the tablet to eliminate hardware issues. Refer to pages 23 and 24 for steps on how to do it.
  • If diagnostics pass then perform a recovery and follow instructions on pages 25 and 26 of the user guide to do it. 
  • If diagnostics fail or if you are not able to perform a recovery then you will need to get the tablet serviced or require the recovery media to perform a recovery on the tablet.

I will send you a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Check your forum private message box in the upper right corner next to the bell icon. 

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It passes tests but still can't boot.  I need to do a recovery.  I have a blank microSD card 32GB to use for this but do not have the required files.  Not sure what to do next.

HP Recommended

@olsendp,

I read your quick response. Your efforts and patience are truly appreciated. So the recovery media is required and they are original Microsoft licensed Windows version. So you will not be able to find it anywhere.

Follow instructions from my previous private message for further assistance.

Thanks and have a blessed week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So, it seems that since this is NOT under any warranty, I will have to pay for the phone support?  Is this a fair appraisal of the situation?  It also appears that the necessary Windows files that would be needed will not be made available to address the issue.

Have I got this correctly?

HP Recommended

@olsendp,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate your patience and persistence to try and get it resolved. I am not beating around the bush here and only keeping your best interest in mind.

Yes, your observation is correct.

If this helps, to simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This tablet isn't worth the cost that it's going to take to return it to a working item.  Too bad as it was a nice thing to have.  Is there any easy way to destroy all the data that is locked up in side it?  I'm going to guess the answer is NO...if indeed that is the answer then it's off to the Shredder.  Sad to think that this all ends because of an update that went wrong.  I'm not a happy HP owner at this point.

HP Recommended

@olsendp.

I read the post. thanks for the update. It is great to have you back. It is not an issue with the HP computer. It is a Windows issue. So deleting data from anon working computer may not be an option as we don't recommend third-party tools. 

You need the recovery media to restore windows files as they are corrupt. This could happen to any computer, not just an HP computer. The computer's operating system can go corrupt for several reasons. This is not related to an HP computer.

Hope this answers your question.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No that really doesn't answer my question as to how to wipe this device.  What is the best way to clean this of my personal data so I might be able to recycle it?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.