cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
denmarfl
Level 3
86 70 0 6
Message 1 of 15
Flag Post

HP Stream 7 WiFi issues following a sucessful Upgrade to Windows 10

HP Recommended

HP Stream 5701....Upgraded to Windows 10...Upgrade went fine.  WiFi drops frequently making this device almost useless....its dropping almost every 45 seconds...I connect it to Home Network...it disconnects in about 45 seconds and this cycle keeps repeating.

Went to Device Mgr, Network Adapters.....drivers...checked for Updated driver, came back Windows determined latest driver is installed. 

I know this is an issue with Windows10 and the Streams Network Adapter because I have a smartphone connected to my Home Network and it never drops the wireless connection.

Hopefully someone has the answer....and fix.   

What I find imaging is, the Stram maintained an wireless connection during the time it was downloading the Upgrade to Windows 10 Home, that took at lwast 15 to 20 minutes and now I cannot maintain a WiFi connection for more than 30 to 45 secs.  Tried to run Windows Update...unable to complete because WiFi Connection drops.....I'll not be able to get any Updates if this keeps up.

14 REPLIES 14
Alex_ncfc
Level 3
59 46 1 10
Message 2 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I found that downloading the Windows 8.1 wifi adapter driver for the Stream 7 and installing in 10 made a world of difference, even though it was essentially overwriting the already installed driver (as far as I can tell) - in 8.1 I always had a steady 72mbps connection, but after upgrading to 10 it was dropping to 20, 13 even 5mbps! Kept flicking all over the place until I reinstalled the driver. Give that a go perhaps.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
denmarfl
Author
Level 3
86 70 0 6
Message 3 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So far today...no disconnects.  I did Re-Boot the Wireless Router last night before going to Bed...maybe that is what it needed.

Onofre
Level 5
Level 5
192 189 9 12
Message 4 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Download and install SP72188, will be available by today or tomorrow.

Alex_ncfc
Level 3
59 46 1 10
Message 5 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Onofre,

Does this mean that new Windows 10 drivers are on their way for the Stream 7?

denmarfl
Author
Level 3
86 70 0 6
Message 6 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is this just a "I fooled You"?  Or is this for real? 

Just checked for that driver SP72188, and a Search of HP.com, and, searching for drivers for the Stream 7....that Driver could not be found.

Was this what you were told by HP....or something you found in a Search, if Search, please provide Link.

I was speaking with HP about 3 hours ago and they mentioned nothing about a New Network Driver.....they only referred me to the 8.1 Driver....and that driver isn't working for me now that I have Win10 Installed.

Hp has Escalated my issue.....and I wait for further contact. 

Onofre
Level 5
Level 5
192 189 9 12
Message 7 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sp72188 is the same as the one in Win8.1 WLAN driver (ver. 1A). My I ask if your unit has been updated to BIOS F.0E?

denmarfl
Author
Level 3
86 70 0 6
Message 8 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Updated both network adapter and BOIS via HP download site. WiFi drops about every 45 secs making the Stream unusable. My only hope to get any use will be a Windows 10 network card driver... I see no other possible fix. Obviously for now... very disappointed.

Maybe someone will come up with a fix before a Win 10 driver is released... for now the Stream is sitting unused
Alex_ncfc
Level 3
59 46 1 10
Message 9 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I notice that the Windows 10 section for Stream 7 drivers now has drivers listed (instead of just the HP Companion utility) but these look to me to just be exact same copies of Windows 8.1 drivers (Rev 1.00a) - are these actual new drivers optimized for Windows 10 or just the same as the 8.1 ones?
eriri-el
Level 3
36 33 2 4
Message 10 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Anyone would like to try the generic drivers I've uploaded here? I didn't modify anything, just grabbed it from another site.

http://www99.zippyshare.com/v/rlsuw6mv/file.html

No installer, update the driver using Device Manager

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation