Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

So I've been through the discussion boards trying to find a solution to why my brand new HP Stream 7 tablet will not connect to a brand new HP Bluetooth Keyboard Case T800.  Nothing that I have found works.  Any HP (proper) gurus out there that can help me resolve this problem or am I stuck with returning the HP Bluetooth Keyboard Case T800??

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I have connected a bluetooth mouse and Galaxy S5 phone to my Stream 7 via bluetooth without a problem, do you have another bluetooth device that you can connect to your Steam 7 to test it?  Similarly, do you have another bluetooth host such as a laptop that you can connect the keyboard case to test that?

HP Recommended

To begin with, 

1) Enable Bluetooth by Swipe Right Side -> Settings -> Change PC Settings (bottom) -> Pc Devices -> Bluetooth ON

2) Once enabled it would start searching for devices. 

3) ON your t800

4) Press Fn + Bluetooth Key (placed at Top Right, next to Delete key). Blue light shall start blinking. 

5) You'll detect the keyboard on TAB

6) Click on the same and pair. A number shall pop up. 

7) Enter the same number on T800 Keyboard and press enter. Viola! You're connected. 

HP Recommended

I was able to pair my Stream 7 before with my T800 for the first time, but when I paired it again; its is asking for a passcode for my keyboard.

I don't remember entering a passcode for it before, except when I entered the generated PIN when I paired it the first time.

How do I reset it for it to connect?

*edit

Okay, I was able to fix it by tapping the 'or try entering a passcode on in' (it generated the code) . My question now is, how do I set a permanent passcode on it?

HP Recommended

what a guy, he got it right, maybe someone should tell the powers to be to INCLUDE the instruction with the device 🙂

HP Recommended

This worked perfectly!  I have been wracking my brains to figure this out.  I had purchased the keyboard with another tablet and of course did not keep the instructions.  Thank You... Its easier to use the keyboard than the touch screen if you have something more than a couple of words.  -Best Regards

HP Recommended

FINALLY someone who knows how and can explain!!!!! Thank you sooo much.  It still took me a while (missed that I needed to press Fn key along with the  bluetooth key) but I was ultimately successful.  I even brought it back after turning the system completely off  by following these steps:

1. turn on  pc

2. turn on keyboard

3 press bluetooth key

It didn't require a passcode.  Just dropped the onscreen keyboard and responded to the T800.

Thanks again!  Hrishikesh07

HP Recommended

I too am having problems with one of my keyboards. I have two Stream 7's with the Keyboard and Case Combo. One works with one of the Streams (Windows 10) But the Windows 8.1 does not even see the keyboard.. It did last week! I will see if my phone or other computer can 'see' it while its broadcasting its availability.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.