cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
AShepherd
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Stream 7 will not recover from reset

HP Recommended
HP Stream 7 Tablet 5709
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I went to Reset the tablet to factory settings deleting all of my files,etc. The tablet has a 32GB card in addition to the main drive.

During the recovery process a message appeared that the reset could not complete. A cancel button was presented which I pushed.

When I went to restart the tablet, the HP logo came up but nothing else. I shutdown and rebooted several times. The tablet is now a brick ....

I then connected the tablet to my PC. The Windows 10 PC does not recognize the tablet.

What can I do to restore at least the factory settings?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
kyle_b
Level 10
1,591 1,581 133 312
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You could order a recovery USB from HP or do a fresh install of Windows 10 using the downloadable install image from Microsoft, instructions are here.

If you plugged the charging cable into a PC's USB port, the PC will not recognize the Stream tablet, that is normal.

AShepherd
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you.

0 Kudos
AShepherd
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Some feedback on the pages for downloading drivers on the HP website....The page and method for downloading is awkward.

0 Kudos
RobMit3
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 10 is only gettibg bigger and it's not going to fit on a 32 gb drive.. My solution was to use the Xtra-PC flashdrive to convert the system to Linux. I have enhanced the Xtra-pc software to make it more user friendly.  The system runs great using Linux (the ubuntu flavor basically).   Forget Windows and run a version of Linux.

You would have to remove the wifi card to add a disk drive and then you would have to add a usb wifi solution to solve that problem.  It's not worth it.  5/5/19

0 Kudos
RobMit3
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

For the novice Linux User Linux Mint would probably be a better choice. You can download it to a flash drive or a dvd and use an external dvd drive or a flash drive to install the Linux software on the HP  disk drive.  You would still have room to install various applications similar to their Windows counterparts.  I am running my HP Stream 14  off of the Xtrapc flash drive currently.  I can choose to boot Linux or Windows 10 to use the system as a streaming device since there is no room to download anything.  I have the best of both worlds.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation