cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Elijah2019
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP laptop does not recognize password and Forgot password isn't working

HP Recommended
Pavillon
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello, Last night I was working on my HP Pavilion laptop and it scheduled an update, after the update was done I began to put in my password, and it told the password was incorrect about 6 times, and it's a touch screen too, usually itll bring up the touch keypad, but it didn't, so I tried the "Forgot password" and it told me to contact my admin, after that I just decided to shut it down for 10 minutes, I turned it back on and it has been sitting on the "Just a moment..." Screen for hours until it got back to the password screen, I just got this laptop and already don't like how I have to go through this, please please help, This is the 3rd new computer I got that already is giving me problems. Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,318 22,277 995 1,030
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Elijah2019

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see that you’re having difficulty logging into your notebook,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
  • Do you have Microsoft Account or Local Account?

NOTE: Passwords are case sensitive, therefore ensure you’ve typed it correctly.

While you respond to that, you could refer to this article for troubleshooting steps: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04648973

Keep me posted for further assistance.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation