Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Samsung Galaxy s5
Android 6.0 Marshmallow
HP plug in: When choosing print from HP remote app, I get the message that HP plug in is turned off. Following the path to turn it on, I find that HP inc is already on, but I am instructed to download the app.
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Greetings @vrcsmith42Eeer,

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to print from your Android device to your printer. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Have you tried any other application to print from your phone?

Are the printer and the phone is on the same network?

Request you to check for Samsung print plugin and disable it. 

Once Samsung print plugin is disabled. 

Please navigate to settings and then apps. 

Search for HP Print service plugin and then enable it. 

If the issue persists, please install HP AIO Remote on your phone and use that instead. Click here for assistance. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Misunderstood problem. I am able to print from my Samsung Galaxy s5. The problem, I think is the message received when I go to print. ."HP plug in turned off", but when I go to turn on, it is already on. .or printer not found, but there it is...then "continue" x 2..leads to nowhere and I ignore and print. It is the only printer and using WiFi only ...HP app only.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.