cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
damavandi
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP spectre x2 wont turn on

HP Recommended
HP spectre x2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was watching a movie that suddenly opened a page that the system would reset for a few seconds .

and then my system wont turn on

and now when i press the power button just the caps lock lamp flashes and my spectre wont turn on

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,926 21,885 969 1,007
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@damavandi
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Let’s try a hard reset first: Link to do it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768

• Power down the unit first and disconnect the charger.
  • Press and hold the Power and the Mute buttons (on the right side of the palm rest) for 8-10 seconds.
  • Then power up the unit to check if the situation is corrected. If it persists, detach the keyboard from the computer after powering down the unit again.
  • Power up the unit again to check if the situation has been corrected.
  • If it continues, please detach the keyboard with the unit powered on and power off the unit. Wait for a few seconds and power it back up and reattach the keyboard and check.
  • Finally, if nothing works, allow the battery to drain down completely and try the steps again.
  • If it continues then the computer may need to be serviced as it may be a hardware issue with the unit.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner, Thank you for posting in the HP Support Community.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation