Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Slate 7 HD Tablet
Android 4.1 and older

I have a slate 7 hd tablet, I forgot my password and I tried the hard reset but it is not working. I tried holding the power button and + volume up key at the same time but the wipe screen never appears.

I also read about holding the power button for 10-20 seconds and didnt work.

When i simultaneously hold the power button, volume up and volume down keys, it goes into FTM.

I appreciate your help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @LepetiteTM ,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Barachiel is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned on this link: Click here

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer. i tried the following steps from the HP Slate7 HD instructions,

1. With the tablet powered off, press and hold the volume up (+) button and power button at the same time.
Figure : Tablet power and volume up buttons
Back view of tablet with the power and volume up buttons highlighted
2. when  an HP logo displays on the screen, release the buttons.

The problem is that the Android system recovery menu does not display, the tablet just turns on as normal.

thanx

HP Recommended

@LepetiteTM

I see that you were interacting with @Barachiel. I'd like to help.

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

This issue may require one to one interaction with the HP Phone Support.

I suggest that you contact HP Phone Support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.