Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Stream 8 tablet
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi, does anybody know anybody who would be able and willing to TRY to see what is a hardware problem with a Stream 8 5901CA tablet? [edit] 

It started to upgrade Windows 10 version 1709 to 1803 and did not have enough memory and needed external drive, and with the external USB it took very long time during whihc the battery drained.  So I tried an adaptor that had two connetions, USB and C (used for a charger) and it killed the tablet.

I will not boot (turn on) now.
HP says that they cannot do any service on it as it is obsolete, whatever I was willing to pay ...

[edit]

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

When you connect the original charger with the tablet powered off, does the charging pictogram appear in the display for 10 seconds and then disappear?

HP Recommended

Thanks for response.

I know that it should show the charging pictogram on the display for a few seconds, as it always did, until this Sunday.

So now, when I plug the original charger (or a diffent one), the pictorgram does not show up.  I tried that multiple times.  I know that it is a very old and discontinued tablet, but there is nothing like that (8" format in Windows 10) on the market ...

HP Recommended

Yes, based on past experiences of others here with the Stream, the lack of the charging pictogram unfortunately indicates that something on the mainboard is defective.  I am not sure if a replacement mainboard would be available or if it would be worth it to fix it.  You might just try to find a used Stream 8 for sale online. Hopefully there is no data on yours that you need to save.

HP Recommended

Thanks for taking time to respond.  Data is safe, but I loved the tablet ...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.