Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Unknown

Sir, i am student studying B.Tech(bachelor of technology) in Electronics and Communication engineering (ECE). Sir as i am studying engineering i i want to buy a laptop but really confused which one to buy. Suggest me some good laptops of HP for requirements of programming, coding and other programming language. But the range of laptop should be below ₹45000. Kindly help me sir.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Ritika2 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Community and thank you for your private message. I will be glad to provide assistance.

The budget itself is not very high but is OK. Here it is how it works:

There are 2 types of computers - consumer class and commercial class:

• Consumer computers are for basic usage/home users and are usually lower class
  • Commercial computers are for professional usage / business usage / higher class devices

Commercial class devices are made to last longer and are better/higher quality in general.

As a future professional and a person with higher needs to engineering, coding and overall, I highly recommend commercial class devices. However, they are usually more expensive. But that is no problem for your case.

For your budget (up to OR less than 45000), I strongly recommend you choose a refurbished or renewed machine.

What are refurbished products?

Refurbished HP products are clean, fully functional models that have been returned for a variety of reasons. A refurbished model could be a system that was returned because customer changed their mind, newer model took its place, a cancelled order, opened box, cosmetic blemish, or simply because the packaging was marred.

Refurbushed or re-newed computers are usually send-hand used OR used just for a few days, and then are returned back to seller. The seller cleans the machine, restore it back to factory default condition, certifies it and can sell it again at a lower price. Refurbished laptops come from a number of different sources, including businesses that trade in their old laptops, and consumers returning systems either because they decided they didn't want them or because there was an issue they didn't like.

You can learn more here >> https://www.wikihow.com/Buy-a-Refurbished-Laptop

or see this picture:

amazon-re.png

Personally, I myself use refurbished computers and I am really pleased by them.

I recommend you this model -> HP Probook 440 - G1

Info-purchase >> https://www.amazon.in/HP-440G1-i5-8-GB-512-GB-Integrated/dp/B07Q2F24J6/ref=sr_1_5?fst=as%3Aoff&qid=1...

Why I recommend you this one (some of its specs):

• It is a professional/commercial class device
  • 2.6 GzGHz Intel Core i5 4210M 4th Gen processor- very fast processor
  • 8GB DDR3 RAM- enough RAM for your needs
  • 512 GB SSD- super speedy storage device
  • 14-inch screen, Intel Integrated Graphics, DVD Graphics- perfect size (14 inch)
  • 1.5kg laptop - not too small, not too heavy
  • Windows 7 operating system- stable proven operating system
  • Free delivery
  • 32 000 rupees price
  • 6 months warranty
  • 10 days to test and return if you don't like it

If you want, you may upgrade the OS later next year to Windows 8 or 10.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Ritika2 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Community and thank you for your private message. I will be glad to provide assistance.

The budget itself is not very high but is OK. Here it is how it works:

There are 2 types of computers - consumer class and commercial class:

• Consumer computers are for basic usage/home users and are usually lower class
  • Commercial computers are for professional usage / business usage / higher class devices

Commercial class devices are made to last longer and are better/higher quality in general.

As a future professional and a person with higher needs to engineering, coding and overall, I highly recommend commercial class devices. However, they are usually more expensive. But that is no problem for your case.

For your budget (up to OR less than 45000), I strongly recommend you choose a refurbished or renewed machine.

What are refurbished products?

Refurbished HP products are clean, fully functional models that have been returned for a variety of reasons. A refurbished model could be a system that was returned because customer changed their mind, newer model took its place, a cancelled order, opened box, cosmetic blemish, or simply because the packaging was marred.

Refurbushed or re-newed computers are usually send-hand used OR used just for a few days, and then are returned back to seller. The seller cleans the machine, restore it back to factory default condition, certifies it and can sell it again at a lower price. Refurbished laptops come from a number of different sources, including businesses that trade in their old laptops, and consumers returning systems either because they decided they didn't want them or because there was an issue they didn't like.

You can learn more here >> https://www.wikihow.com/Buy-a-Refurbished-Laptop

or see this picture:

amazon-re.png

Personally, I myself use refurbished computers and I am really pleased by them.

I recommend you this model -> HP Probook 440 - G1

Info-purchase >> https://www.amazon.in/HP-440G1-i5-8-GB-512-GB-Integrated/dp/B07Q2F24J6/ref=sr_1_5?fst=as%3Aoff&qid=1...

Why I recommend you this one (some of its specs):

• It is a professional/commercial class device
  • 2.6 GzGHz Intel Core i5 4210M 4th Gen processor- very fast processor
  • 8GB DDR3 RAM- enough RAM for your needs
  • 512 GB SSD- super speedy storage device
  • 14-inch screen, Intel Integrated Graphics, DVD Graphics- perfect size (14 inch)
  • 1.5kg laptop - not too small, not too heavy
  • Windows 7 operating system- stable proven operating system
  • Free delivery
  • 32 000 rupees price
  • 6 months warranty
  • 10 days to test and return if you don't like it

If you want, you may upgrade the OS later next year to Windows 8 or 10.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

If you decide to choose the one I suggested above, here are some tips which you do once you receive it at home:

Enjoy !

Extra steps:

• Turn Off Scheduled Defragmentation

In Win7, scheduled de fragmentation is turned off as default. But in some certain situations, it’ll be turned on automatically. However, as we all know, there’s no disk fragmentation problem for SSD at all. Defragmentation will only shorten SSD lifespan.

In Windows Explorer (Computer) , right click on SSD partition and then choose Properties.In the Tool Tab, click on Defragment now… Then we will access Disk Defragmenter.Click on Configure Schedule and ensure your main drive (SSD, 512 GB) is UNCHECKED

• Verify If TRIM Is Enabled or Not - it should be enabled

Click on Start button, search for and open Command Prompt CMD.
Input    fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify    and hit [ENTER]

If the result is 0, then it means that TRIM is enabled.

On the other hand, if the result is 1, then TRIM is disabled.

Hope this helps.

This video has been updated: https://youtu.be/14GKIpGPNRM Learn how to test your HP computer hardware using the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI. For other helpful videos go to http://hp.com/supportvideos or http://youtube.com/hpcomputingsupport. More support options for your computing device are ...
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.