cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Just joined
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 15
Flag Post

Solved!

Hotmail App

HP Recommended
Is there a way to use my Windows Live mail on my Palm Pre?

Post relates to: Pre p100eww (Sprint)

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Level 2
11 10 1 1
Message 2 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You should be able to access live mail via the email app on the Pre.  You'd have to manually set up the account:

Incoming Server: pop3.live.com

Port: 995

Encryption: SQL

Outoing Server: smtp.live.com

Use Auth:  On

Port#  587

Encryption: TLS

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Just joined
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended
But wouldn't this erase the messages off the server. The whole reason I use Hotmail is because it lets me leave messages on the server and come back to them on any device. That is as long as you have an app that reads live/hotmail stuff. Anyway, I have just been using the website for now, but it bugs me that there is a mail button that will not work correctly with the most popular email server.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
11 10 1 1
Message 4 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No, it doesn't erase the messages from the server.  I've got 2 live accounts configured via the email app and the messages remain on the server.  If you delete an email on your Pre you'll find the message in the 'Trash' folder on the Pre and the 'Deleted' folder in hotmail.

The only caveat is when you setup the hotmail account and it syncs, all of the messages will be unread on the Pre.  If you have a lot of messages it can be a pain since there isn't a way to mark groups of messages as read yet.  You can, however, choose to only see a few days worth of msgs instead.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Level 2
18 15 0 4
Message 5 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I use to have my Windows Live email account setup on my treo 755 as IMAP and it worked flawlessly... However on the Pre it will only show the emails not be able to send them.

Also Windows Live is able to accessed via EAS, I've been working with the IT department and we can't figure out how to set this up either. 

Why are you all settled on a POP3 account when EAS and IMAP should be supported?   

EAS allows syncs of calendar and contacts > IMAP > POP 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
13 13 0 5
Message 6 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hotmail configured itself automatically on my Pre.  It works fine.  Only issue is that when I read a message on my PC it doesn't mark it as read on the Pre.  Gmail definitely syncs better, but Hotmail is very useable on the Pre.
Message Edited by donatom3 on 06-09-2009 02:09 PM
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
8 5 0 2
Message 7 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, I just came across this thread and yes, my pre will allow hotmail to be setup on the pre client. But what if I onlly want to read it via a browser? Currently, my pre just wont' open up the message. Not sure why...

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My Hotmail will not automatically setup on my Pre. Once I enter my email and password (Add Account) and click sign in, another screen displays requesting Incoming and Outgoing Mail Server information. Can someone help me out with the information that should be placed in the fields?

Thank you,

:smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
6 4 0 0
Message 9 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Live Mail is able to be accessed via MAPI (M$ tech) for email and contacts sync via Outlook Mobile and those items plus your calendar on Live sync via Outlook Connector on the desktop Outlook application.  I've yet to see another mass-production desktop or mobile software push+pull in an "exchange" like method for email, calendared items and contacts from hotmail/live mail. webOS does not support this protocol and probably never will without sufficient help from Microsoft.  Maybe palm can look into FOSS solutions ... one can dream.  Someone please correct my verbage if you find a solution for always-on EAS use of a Live Mail/Hotmail account.  I'd actually prefer it over having only Gmail as the only always-on option unless you're using a work e-mail, which I don't.

Message Edited by JBundyLive on 09-29-2009 08:57 PM
Message Edited by JBundyLive on 09-29-2009 08:58 PM
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
18 15 0 4
Message 10 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you can check your email at outlook.com then it will also work on your pre. I have it set up as an EAS and has worked perfectly since the releas of WebOS 1.1

Message Edited by MLJones8 on 10-04-2009 04:14 PM
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation