Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

the question is

On july1 2016 A company issesd 700,000 of 12% bonds, dated July 1. Interest of 42,000 is payable semiammunaly on June 30 and Dec 31. THe bonds matures in theee years, on 30 June 2019. THe market interest rate for bonds of similar risk and maturity is 14%. The entire bond issue was purchased by United intergroup, Inc.

Interest    42000*4,76654 = 200195

principal face 700,000*0.66634 = 466438

present value of the bond is 666,633 

I have to get the present value using my caculator, how can i get that number?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

700,000 is the FV.

Coupon payments are 42,000 (as you already stated)

There are 2 payments per year at 14% per annum:

Thus:

I/YR = 14

P/YR = 2  (PMT is semi-anually, thus 2 per year)

N = 6

PMT = 42,000  (positive as it is money you get from the bond)

FV = 700,000   (positive as it is money you get from the bond at the end)

solve for PV = -666,634.22 (negative because you pay this to buy the bond)

(to set P/YR, enter number and set it using orange shift on the PMT button)

EDIT:

Note 7% would be the interest for 1 period, so you could use 7% at 1 P/YR and it will yield the same result.

Regards.

-Bart
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.