cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TVLover_1
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 1 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

How do I syn my Palm Zire 31 with my Iphone?

Hi.  I need some step by step directions on how to transfer all my information (Contacts, Calendar, etc.) from my Palm to my Iphone.  Is there a way I can change the syncing on my Palm like the Infrared feature to transfer it directly to my Iphone somehow?  Or can I plug something into my Palm handheld to connect directly to my Iphone to download?  I just got my Iphone and am not happy right now that I can't enter all my info into it.  Can anyone help me with step by step directions that I can print and use?  I'd really appreciate it!!

Post relates to: Zire 31

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Level 9
3,590 3,578 116 145
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

What Palm Desktop version do you have and what OS is Palm Desktop installed on? Also your device does have IR and can send contacts though IR. To do that on the device select the contact you want to beam then tap on contact in the top left and in the drop down select beam contact. Not sure if the iPhone can receive a whole category but you can try it. Tap in the top left corner and be sure all is selected. Then tap on contacts and select beam category. Line up the phone to the device and see if it works.

As for the first question not sure if the iPhone can but it should be able to sync to Outlook where the Zire 31 can sync to.

0 Kudos
TVLover_1
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks for responding.  I thought about the syncing but the Iphone does not have Infrared they tell me.  I have the Palm Zire 31 and the software that came with it is what I loaded onto the computer and have been using it to sync my palm.  Not sure what version it is, but we have Windows XP on this computer.  I just tried looking and don't see what version it is anywhere.  I am having a real hard time finding someone to help me, it is amazing. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, as I don't want to have to retype all my calendar and contact info.  Thanks!!
0 Kudos
Level 9
3,590 3,578 116 145
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Do you have Outlook? To find the Palm Desktop version if you open that up and go to help and about Palm Desktop that will tell you what version you have. If you do not have Outlook then unfortunately there is no way to move your data from the Zire to your iPhone that I know of. At that point I would ask you to see what Apple can accept as transfers for data.

0 Kudos
Level 12
5,109 4,677 226 562
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

The iPhone can sync with M$ Outlook.  So, you'll have to migrate your data from Palm Desktop to M$ Outlook first.
0 Kudos
TVLover_1
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks.
0 Kudos
TVLover_1
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have Palm Software version 4.1.4 - hot sync install version 6.0.1. Yes I have outlook, and I found my contacts there that my niece helped me transfer, but the addresses are not there and some information (like mobile number is mixed up).  I think I'm just going to one by one update my information in Outlook for my contacts and then hotsync it to my Iphone, which it should automatically do when I next hotsync, right?

But, can you help me download my calendar for now from my Palm. I already contacted AT&T and Apple Support and stopped at an Apple store, and they couldn't help me, they didn't know the Palm software and couldn't help me.

0 Kudos
Level 9
3,590 3,578 116 145
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

If you upgrade your Palm Desktop version to 4.1.4E you can just sync directly to Outlook for your Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, and Memos. Here is the link to Palm Desktop 4.1.4E:

http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/common/article/32991_en.html

Install this software then pick Outlook. If you miss this choice or not given one you can go to Start-->Programs-->Palm or PalmOne-->PIM Conduit sync-->Sync with Outlook.

0 Kudos
TVLover_1
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

ThAnks I will try tonight
0 Kudos
TVLover_1
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I tried what you said and I reloaded the software.  But when it came time to hot synch, handheld says can't connect and I'm stuck there.  What next? It would be easier if I could talk to you but tomorrow before 8 won't be good for me.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation