cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Provost
Provost
18,593 14,900 1,029 2,042
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to collect a Screen Capture on a TouchPad

To grab a Screen Capture on a TouchPad (for proof of a game score, or to aid in troubleshooting) do the following:

1. Press the Power and Center buttons simultaneously to capture a snapshot of the device screen.
  2. Connect to a desktop computer via USB, and select USB Drive menu choice from the pop up menu.
  3. When the drive appears in Explorer, locate the file in the Screen captures folder and copy to a folder on your computer.
  4. Since this device is considered "removable media" by your computer, please remember to Eject it before removing the cable!

WyreNut

Post relates to: Pre 2 p102una (Unlocked NA)

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
1 REPLY 1
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
822 809 26 64
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to collect a Screen Capture on a TouchPad

Just to follow up on WyreNut's excellent tip:

Please make sure to eject the drive. Do this by performing the following:

1. Open My Computer,
  2. Right click on your HP TouchPad
  3. Select Eject from the menu that pops up.

If you simply stop the drive by clicking the USB drive icon in the system tray, you'll get the Ouch message. Although, I sometimes "unsafely" remove my TouchPad on purpose just to get that message... it cracks me up.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation