Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 352TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm having dual boot. Everytime I update my BIOS, things are becoming more worse. Now, after update, every bootentry has been removed. I cannot add new entries. I tried many times. I think it's about the new bios update. I'm currently using hp laptop 352-TU. And running F.22 BIOS. I want to go back to F.19. But I cannot find that BIOS download for my laptop. Where can I download it from? Is there any problem if I downgrade bios version? 

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ArminDavis888
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Many HP computers have an HP BIOS Restore tool that might be able to recover the BIOS from an earlier version and restore basic functionality. This tool might or might not work in the event of BIOS corruption depending on many factors, but is worth trying in the event the BIOS is corrupted.

1. Turn off the computer, and then connect the power cord.

2. Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold the Power button for 2 to 3 seconds.

Keyboard highlighting the key presses for BIOS recovery

3. Release the Power button but continue pressing the Windows and B keys. You might hear a series of beeps.

• If the HP BIOS Update screen does not display, repeat the previous steps but press the Windows key and the V key. If the screen still does not display, your computer might not support the feature or there is a hard drive issue. Continue to the next section to Recover the BIOS using a USB recovery drive.

• If the Power light turns off, the Power button was held too long. Repeat the previous steps, making sure to hold the Power button for only 2 to 3 seconds.

• If a BIOS recovery message repeatedly displays, continue to the next section to Recover the BIOS using a USB recovery drive.

• If a message that the computer improperly shut down or a boot problem is detected displays, follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the error.

• If Windows starts, update to the latest BIOS version. Go to HP Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS for more information.

The HP BIOS Update screen displays and the recovery begins automatically.

HP BIOS Update recovery in progress

If this recovery method fails, use another working computer to create a BIOS recovery flash drive to install the latest BIOS file.

If you are unable to recover the last working BIOS version, install a BIOS recovery file from the HP website using a USB flash drive. Use a second working computer with an active internet connection to create a BIOS recovery USB flash drive.

1. Get the product number for the original notebook that requires a BIOS recovery. This number is typically found on a label on the bottom of the notebook or on the box it shipped in. Go to How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? for additional options.

NOTE: The general or series name near the keyboard or on the frame around the display is not specific enough for identifying correct download files.

Notebook computer label enlarged to show product information

2. Insert a blank USB flash drive into an available port on the second computer.

3. Go to the HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads page.

4. Navigate to the product page for your computer.

5. Select BIOS, and then review the details of the latest available version or the specific version recommended for the recovery. Confirm it is the correct BIOS update before proceeding.

CAUTION: Read the Details section to confirm that it applies to the computer. Installing the wrong BIOS could cause the computer to stop working.
  6. Click Download, and then click Run.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.