cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
AJM67
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

How to use HP Elite x3 Mobile Retail Solution Barcode Scanner

HP Recommended
Elite x3 Barcode Scanner
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there

I am trialling an "HP Elite x3 Mobile Retail Solution" which has the attached Barcode Scanner Sleeve (N660X).

I cannot find out how to use this barcode scanner - there is nothing in the user guide.

There is a dedicated button on the left of the unit - pressing this activates the scanner - (a red crosshair is emitted from the scanner)

But where are the numbers from the barcode sent?

I was hoping that they would be treated as keyboard input?

i.e. if I started Word or Notepad, and then I scanned a barcode, then the barcode digits would appear in the Word/Notepad document, as if I had typed them manually...

Is there any documentation anywhere for this barcode scanner?

Thanks

Alister

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation