Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion 23-q214
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi
I've always had a very high cpu usage for up to 100%  any application I open takes minutes to load but after 15 min the computer gets better. I'm up to date on all software drivers...etc

Would appreciate any help as this computer is useless at this point and since we bought it years ago

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@argeilah, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd suggest you try updating the computer using these steps -

Step 1 Windows Updates troubleshooter -

Click on this link to run Windows Updates troubleshooter.

Step 2 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 3 HP Support Assistant Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Also, try a BIOS update -  HP Consumer Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS (Basic Input Output System)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi 

Thanks for the steps.  All items you listed are up to date from a while ago and i keep them up to date but the slownesss is still there

thanks

h

HP Recommended

@argeilah

Thanks for replying!

Further to fix the issue, let us try resetting the Windows. Refer to the video link for help https://supportvideos.ext.hp.com/detail/video/5392723499001/resetting-windows-10-to-increase-compute...

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi

so I did all of the above, reset windows made sure everything is up to date and still the same issue cpu and or disk usage hits 100% when I open up one or two apps (regardless of which app I open).  note that I have a surface pro that comes without all these HP and other promotional apps it takes 15 seconds or so for my surface to load and then runs smoothly.  

What else can I do to make HP work like it's supposed to ? sorry but this is obviously very annoying that even with a fresh restart the system is very slow

appreciate a solution

thx

h

HP Recommended

@argeilah

Perform an extensive test and share the results-

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second.

When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.

4. Click the Extensive Test.

5. Click Run once, or Loop until error.

While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component are

shown on the screen.

6. If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) so you have it

available when you contact HP Customer Support. The information is also available in

Test Logs on the main menu.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi 

results are "pass" for all variables tested

what next please?

thanks

h

HP Recommended

@argeilah

Appreciate you trying the steps.

As the issue still persists, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer.

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks but there are no office close by which is why i'm going online asking for help from HP.  Can you escalate within your team to provide other solutions please?

thanks

h

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.