cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Rukaza
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Hp 8 1401 Problem (self flashing every time it turn off)

HP Recommended

My brand new tablet (I got 11/29/2015), has begin with a annoyng self flashable feature.

I really don't expected this kind of problem, even more from a too big company, like HP is, but here we are.

When got this piece, I noticed a bunch of unecessary apps, that just doesn't need to bee there, so, with a big experience in Android tablets, I properly rooted (turn on the admin privileges) for proper cleaning, and use, of course.

But during the first rotine turn-off/turn-on's, I see the welcome screen, showing me the clean sistem. alking for the language, google acount and everithing that is asked by the first use.

I'm beginig to hate Hp products, for his GIGANTIC

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Rukaza
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My brand new tablet (I got 11/29/2015), has begin with a annoying self flashable feature.

I really don't expected this kind of problem, even more from a too big company, like HP is, but here we are.

When got this piece, I noticed a bunch of unnecessary apps, that just doesn't need to bee there, so, with a big experience in Android tablets, I properly rooted (turn on the admin privileges) for proper cleaning, and use, of course.

But during the first routine turn-off/turn-on's, I see the welcome screen, showing me the clean system. askiing for the language, google account and everything that is asked by the first use.

I'm beginning to hate Hp products, for his GIGANTIC LACK of appropriated support, and truncate system.

When trying to put back the original rom (from hp portal), the recovery just don't see the "update.zip" file. I already rename, put on the external storage, on a thousand of places, even on a flash driver via otg adapter, but the recovery don't see the file, so, no way to get back my tablet health.

Someone, has ANY solution, or idea for what I have to do? I really enjoy this product at the begin, but now it getting me crazy! Help, please!

0 Kudos
WyreNut
Level 15
16,214 14,974 1,036 2,075
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Rooting your Android device is not supported by HP, plain and simple.  Doing so voids your warranty.  Sorry...

I'm sure you are aware of the risk of "bricking" a device by rooting it since you have "a big experience in Android tablets".

I hope you have better luck with your next tablet!

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
0 Kudos
Rukaza
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, I know it voids the warranty, but c'mon!....I asking here, because you people have made this product, so, voided or not, I just asking for help. Could you be a little less pragmatic.

Anyway, I having problems working with the recovery that's came out of the box. I DON'T HAVE MODIFIED THE RECOVERY.

But whatever, again, I just wish help, if anyone can help will be awesome!

It's not bricked. It's not nonfunctional, but, in some point of the initialization, the tablet self erase all my stuff.

0 Kudos
Calvin818
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi , you can download the firmware here

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1c2bpM4C

it's not original firmware but work perfectly and save your tablet...

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation