cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Level 1
17 14 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Huge differences in screen colour / yellow tint

HP Recommended

Hi,

after using a 16GB Touchpad I recently received a 32GB version. From the beginning on I noticed a huge difference in the screen colour of the two pads. While I would consider the 16GB version neutral, the 32GB version has a much more yellow / orange tint. I noticed this even without putting the two pads side to side. Doing so results even in a much more obvious difference.

Are there explanations for this? Or even better: solutions? Any chance to adjust the colour temperature so that I could try to achieve a better colour balance on the 32GB pad?

Post relates to: HP TouchPad (WiFi)

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Level 7
931 931 57 48
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There are no differences between the screens on the 16G Touchpad and the 32G Touchpad. If you are having a problem with your screen color you will need to get a replacement of repair on your device as there is no adjustment for screen color temperature. 

0 Kudos
Author
Level 1
17 14 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your reply. Interesting to hear, as it is discussed in some forums (e.g. precentral.net) whether HP used screens from different manufacturers.

As I explained the difference between my two devices is pretty obvious. I guess I will figure out how complicated a replacement might get due to the firesale implications.

Best regards!

0 Kudos
Just joined
5 4 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
It has been Documented that there are two sources of screens used in production of the TP. IFixit, Cnet and arstecnia all commented about the varying colors of the screens and attributed to source issues. There are also many others mainstream outlets who claim the same.
0 Kudos
Just joined
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I also have the same screen problem - muddy/yellow/sepia background with smudgy text. As much as I think iPad is dreadful for getting documents onto, at least I can read them clearly on my iPad.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation