Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp OmniTab
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @DivineSagesse, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand you have issues installing the operating system on your tablet.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your tablet?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

As you mentioned you have issues completing the installation of windows on your tablet.

• HP provides installation instructions, compatible software, and updated drivers for most tablets sold after August 2013.

• If you purchased your tablet prior to August 2013, HP has not tested or developed drivers for your tablet model. Some features might not work, or the installation might not be successful.

• Make sure you have installed the latest version of drivers for your Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 product using HP Support Assistant, or download them from HP Customer Support.

You can use Media Creation Tool to create Windows installation media, and then use the media to install Windows 10.

Step 1: Create the Windows installation media

Download Media Creation Tool, and then create the installation media.

You can run Media Creation Tool and create the Windows installation media on any computer.

1. Go to the Microsoft Get Windows 10 webpage (in English).

2. Click Download tool now.

3. Click Open, Save, or Run in any windows that display to download the tool to your computer.

4. Double-click the MediaCreationTool.exe file in the browser downloads bar or in the Downloads folder on the computer to launch the installation.

5. Accept the license terms.

6. Select Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC, and then click Next.

7. Select the language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit) for the Windows 10 installation, and then click Next.

8. Insert a blank USB drive (16 GB or larger is recommended), select USB flash drive, and then click Next.

If you prefer, you can insert a blank DVD, select ISO file, and then click Next. Installation from ISO media is for advanced users.

Select the USB flash drive, and then click Next.

After the Media Creation Tool finishes creating the installation USB drive, click Finish.

Proceed to the next step to install Windows 10 on your computer using the installation media.

Refer this article to know more information about installing Windows 10 on your tablet.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Hope this answers your query!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi MrRobot, in reality I didn't change the system. I get it with windows 10, but after 6 months it did not work well. So I wanted to reset it and to install the new system (win 10). There was mistake, because the one who reset it, did like an android tablet ( I mean by combining volume up and that of power off). But it started till 64%. I already create Windows 10 installation media, but I can't install because the external Disk Rom is not recognized and I can enter in boot settings. If possible I can send you the video, so that you ca see well that is the reality. The product number is SN:(edit)  your assistance will help me. Thank you so much.

HP Recommended
There is not any expert in this topic? I am still waiting.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.