Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Slate 10 HD 3610EA
Android 4.2 Jelly Bean

Error   cannot access cache restart is one I remember. I have done a system reinstall. This morning the tablet has had a battery icon on the screen which I have now managed to remove by holding the power button in and now cannot reopen to check the other 2 error messages

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Pe1,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand you are having concern with your HP tablet. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

The Cache is basically files that get stored on the computer from websites you visit to allow them to load faster for future visits ..If you have accidentally deleted it, there is no way of retrieving it.

If you are having issues with your tablet performance, I would suggest you could try to perform a factory reset -  HP Tablets - Performing a Factory Reset on Your Tablet (Android KitKat, Jelly Bean)

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

If they did, that’s awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

After charging when switched on had Android icon with a menu of 5 items. Highlighted was reboot system press power switch which is what I was attempting but did not realise that my other finger was on the volume control which moved the cursor down to the cache option which was then actioned. On power up now I still only get the Android icon with th same menu and 3 error messages at the bottom of the screen relating to the cache. Trying the reboot option just comes back to the Icon and menu 1 of which is factory reset which I have now actioned and now sitting in front of a blank screen. There is no system recovery screen showing the reset process. I now can no longer turn the tablet on.

HP Recommended

Hi @Pe1,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you tried to follow the steps suggested to perform a factory reset on the tablet, unfortunately this did not help to resolve the issue. Moreover the tablet won't even turn on. I would personally suggest this could be a possible hardware failure. I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for further assistance.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry it has been a couple of days since your last post.  First chance to follow through on your instructions but the support page is not responding in the way you described. I have tried Various support options but everything relates to laptops not tablets and in one where it shows for a contact for a option from the list quotes a price but does not relate to a tablet. There is a sentance at the bottom that says roducts over 3 tears old may not have support. Tablet is now 4-5 years old.

Thank you for your support there does not seem to be a Kudo for support unless it succeeds but you deserve when for your efforts. The tablet restarted after a while but only into the android icon screen again. The error messages are can't open /cache /recovery/log    can't open /cache/recovery/last_log   cant open  /cache /recovery/last_install. The instruction I pressed in error was wipe cache partition.

HP Recommended

Hello, @Pe1

I see that you were interacting with @Jeet_singh. He is out of office and I'm here to help 🙂

You cannot restore the cache once you erase the same. I would suggest you use the Google Android KitKat Restore Image to restore or replace the operating system on your tablet.

Here are the steps:

First off, go to http://bit.ly/2hYNfVX  and download and save the restore image for your specific region. Select the correct operating system (Android, Jellybean) and download and save the file. Follow the steps below to restore the image.

1. Download the file to a folder on the hard drive of your computer or to the device (make a note of the folder where the downloaded file is saved).

2. Copy the file update.zip to the root folder of a micro SD card root folder. Do not unzip the file.

3. Power off the device.

4. Insert the micro SD card with update.zip into the device.

5. Press and hold the Volume up key and simultaneously press the power key. While holding the Volume up key, release the power button after the HP Logo appears.

6. Press the Volume down key to highlight "Apply update from external storage," and press the power button to confirm the selection.

7. Use volume up and volume down buttons to highlight the update.zip file from your micro SD card. Press the power button to confirm the selection.

8. Allow time for the recovery process to complete. The device reboots 4 or 5 times during this process.

Let me know if that helps!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you for your Suggestion I had already from solutions downloaded the system reinstall zip file and it did not run properly at least nothing appeared to happen until it returned to android icon screen and would not reboot system. I downloaded the folder without Amazon App so this time I have downloaded with Amazon App. Seemed to work better at first but has now come up with error   Can't install this package (Mon Jun 15 15:08 CST 2015) over newer build (Wed Jul 1 13:41:45 CST 2015).

E:Error in  ?tmp/sideload/package.zip

(Status 7)

I have now returned to the download page and see that I should have scrolled down as there is a later version that I should perhaps have downloaded. The one I chose was dated Sep 16 2015 and the otherlater is dated Oct 15 2015 so perhaps I should try that one

Walter

HP Recommended

Hello, @Pe1

Try the latest one as per your region and let me know if that helps by marking the post as a solution. 

Thanks, I'll watch for your reply!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.