Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp7640
Android 8 Oreo

I used to be able to print just fine after I set up printer, but now when I try to print from phone there is no print icon. I can still print from laptop, and wifi info is correct with no changes since I installed

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Robin59

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand, you're unable to print from your Android phone, 

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

Which app are you using to print from your phone?

Were there any hardware/software changes made?

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps? 

Is your printer and phone connected to the same the network? 

Do you get an error message? 

Let's try these steps to resolve the issue: 

• Turn off the phone and turn it back on.
  • Uninstall and reinstall HP Smart App (If you're using HP Smart)

Once I have the rest of the information, I'll help you further with troubleshooting steps,

Cheers!

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I have hp smart, I uninstalled and reinstalled. When I go to the app it shows my printer is connected, however,  when I go to a web site and click share to print the icon is not there. I am able to print from gmail. My phone and printer are connected to my router, been verified and set up again with password and still no print icon showing up. Thank you

HP Recommended

@Robin59

Thanks for responding,

It's great to have you back,

1. Do you have the HP Print Service Plugin installed on your phone?
  2. Could you share the screenshot of the share icons?
  3. Which print icon you use to get (HP Smart app icon or some other icon)?

You could try installing HP Smart (Print Remote)  

Let me know,

Cheers!

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I added print service plug in, now I can print recipes, etc that have a print option on them, but I still can't print off info from a web page. When I go to the three little dots in the upper right and click on share link  that's where the print icon usually is.I finally figured out how to do screendshot but I can't quite figure out how to attach it to this message, I don't see paperclip 

HP Recommended

@Robin59

Thanks for responding,

Look for picture symbol and attach the picture.

For more information, you could check this video: Click here

Let me know!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.