Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Stream 7 - 5709
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I had win 10 on tablet for some time.  After recent update the bottom bar keypad icon is gone.  The touch screen keypad i can get to through the START is huge distorted ... help    I assume i have a 32bit os

Thanks for your assistance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Issue solved - Had win 10 for over a year. I do not use the tablet that often. The last service update pushed me out of Tablet Mode and my keyboard icon went away. When I "Swipe in from the right edge to open the Charms menu and then tap Settings." I saw Tablet mode was off. I am all set - Keyboard Icon Back.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @pcStream,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Flower_Bud is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

Did you try to restart your tablet after Windows update? 

If not, I suggest you try restarting the tablet.

Note: Unplug any device or SD card connected to the tablet.

Let's perform these troubleshooting steps to perform Reset your PC:

Note: Back up your personal data before performing Reset.

You can use the Reset your PC feature in Windows 8 to restore files to the original factory settings.

The Reset your PC feature does the following actions:

• Your personal files such as libraries, personalization settings, user accounts, and desktop themes are permanently removed.

• The computer settings are returned to default values.

• Apps and other software that were originally installed on the computer are reinstalled and their settings are reset to defaults.

• Software, apps, programs, and everything that you have installed or saved on the computer are removed.

Use the following steps to reset your computer from the Start screen:

1. Swipe in from the right edge to open the Charms menu and then tap Settings.

2. Tap Change PC Settings, tap Update and recovery and then tap Recovery.

3. Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap Get started.

Figure : Update and recovery

Image of Update and recovery window.
  4. On the Reset your PC screen, tap Next.

For more information: Click Here

Keep me posted!

Have a great day 🙂

HP Recommended
Hi Flower_Bud, Yes I rebooted my tablet, No device plunged into the USB ... Thanks, I will start executing your plan to Reset/Restore to win 8. I assume the windows 8 restore will work. After the windows 8 restore I will do the windows 10 install, I assume windows 10 will recognize my tablet signature and my Microsoft logon and install properly .... Can you point me to a link describes a good method to update to windows 10? That is, should I update drivers (win 10) before or after I load windows 10? What else do I need to consider ... where are the windows 10 drivers located ... windows 10 download ... I will try to do all of this in one pass, restore to 8 then upgrade to win 10. Also i can make another post if needed for this question. What is an efficient straight forward method to back up (i'm thinking full image) my tablet once I have win 10 installed again. I believe I have a 32Gig usb stick I can plug into the laptop. PS this time I install/update to windows 10 I will remove the windows 8 backup asap to give the tablet more room to work/breath. I assume we still have the windows 8 restore you mentioned in the permanent flash memory ... The last time I downloaded windows 10 service updates this tablet was having memory issues and if the windows 8 backup was gone the last service updates may not have deleted my touch screen keyboard icon from my task-bar, who knows.
HP Recommended
Issue solved - Had win 10 for over a year. I do not use the tablet that often. The last service update pushed me out of Tablet Mode and my keyboard icon went away. When I "Swipe in from the right edge to open the Charms menu and then tap Settings." I saw Tablet mode was off. I am all set - Keyboard Icon Back.
HP Recommended

Hi @pcStream,

I am glad to know that the issue has been resolved and you are back in business. As @Flower_Bud, is out of office, I am responding on her behalf.

Please reach out for any issues in future relating to your HP products and we are always there to assist you.

Thanks and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.