Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Slate 21

Hello everyone:

I have a two part question to my concern (and maybe three) lol.  I have a Slate 21 (All-In One) and trying to install my HP Laser Jet Pro MFP M130nw printer. I have downloaded the app HP e Print, Updated Google Chrome App and even downloaded HP Smart Print.  When I contact HP support, I was instructed to download "HP Print for Chrome" App in the Chrome Web store. When I opened the Chrome Web store, there is no button that says "download" or  "install now".

I can really use some help in to install my printer but also download "HP Print for Chrome" App.  Please advise.

-Slater17

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Slater17

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have a Slate 21 series HP product and want to install the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130nw printer on it. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I suggest you to use the HP Smart app, this app is enough to make the printer work wirelessly. Below mentioned are the steps to install and use the HP Smart app:

Install the HP Smart app on your Android OS 4.4 (KitKat) or later device. After installation, launch the app, and then add your printer.

1. Make sure your Android device is connected to the same wireless network that your current printer is connected to, or that you want to connect a new printer to.

2. On your Android device, download and install the HP Smart app (in English) from the Google Play Store.

3. After installation, open the app, and then tap Start.

Figure : Tapping Start on the welcome screen

Tapping Start on the welcome screen

4. Accept the terms and conditions, and then tap Continue.

5. Tap the plus sign  on the app home screen.

The app searches for printers connected to the network.

• If you have one or more printers already connected to the wireless network, tap the printer you want to use.

Figure : ExampleSelecting a printer

Selecting a  printer

• If you are setting up a new printer on the network, tap Add Printer or Set up a new printer, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the printer setup.

NOTE:

If you have an Android OS 7 (Nougat) and later device and are unable to complete the printer setup, turn off cellular data temporarily, and then try again.

Figure : Selecting your printer

Selecting your printer

Please refer to "Step 2: Print or scan documents and photos" from this HP article to know how to scan and print from the HP Smart app.

I hope this information helps. Let me know the results. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

@MKazi, thank you for your reply however; I have already completed those steps (mentioned above) however the printer is still not recognized. The Printer I have is a HP Laser Jet Pro MFP M130nw. I researched to see if its compatible and it is but the printer screen says "Not registered with Google Cloud Print". The Slate 21 I have is a Chrome Book. I believe I would need someone in HP Cloud Support that can help further... Its a little more complicated than it seems.

HP Recommended

@Slater17

You're welcome and thanks for sharing the printer model no. 

I came across this HP document which shows that the HP Laser Jet Pro MFP M130nw can use Google Cloud Print with an HP Connected registration and a Gmail account. Please refer to "HP LaserJet HP ePrint-capable printers that can use Google Cloud Print" in this document. 

Further, it suggests us to follow the steps from this HP document to setup an HP printer to Cloud Print using the HP Cloud.

Hope this helps. Good luck! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.