cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Installing windows 10 over vista business

HP Recommended
hp elitebook 8730w
Other

My laptop has Windows Vista business 64 bit and I want to reformate and load windows 10. How can I do this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
85,724 85,611 10,870 23,293
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The easiest way is to do a CLEAN install and very simple

1. Buy a Windows 10 installtion DVD or buy a key from Microsoft online,

2. Boot from the Installation DVD and follow on screen instruction.

Your machine runs Vista now. Finding Windows 10 drivers for it could be a problem because no Windows 10 drivers on the support page.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=3784205

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation