Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 5540
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP62 black ink cartridg just ran out. I don't have a replacement - I think I had to throw away one that didn't work properly some months ago. I HAVE bought a replacement HP62 as I need to use my printer today. Now I have received a message from HP INstant Ink saying that they cannot now tell when I need a new cartridge.

The Help pages sent me round in circles and I couldn't find out how to order a new cartridge.

If I put my old, empty one back in the machine, will that mean I will get a fresh supply now?

HOW DO I GET A NEW HP62 CARTRIDGE, PLEASE!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@SimonP67

Welcome to HP Forums, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

To answer the most important question of them all, Yes, you need to put the Instant Ink cartridge back on your printer, and stay connected to the wireless, so that the Instant Ink Program can calculate the fact that your low on Ink and ship one out automatically.

That said, if you've waited long before taking the cartridge out, and yet haven't received a replacement, respond to my private message and I'll have that sorted:

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile 

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it 

(The reason we are utilizing the private message now, is because the instructions are critical).

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to say thanks.

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48 hrs,

Have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.