Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
I am having trouble connecting to the Wi-Fi and internet on my HP Pavillion laptop. I called technical support and they said it had something to do with the two drives within my laptop and said I had to pay them to get help fixing it. I would love to have my internet back and I've tried everything I can that I know of to fix it, yet it still won't work. How do I fix these drives?
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi

Can you give Make, Model and OS please.

WinKey + R and type msinfo32 and give the SKU value please.

I assume that you have adapter problems with your WiFi. 

What are the 2 drives you refer to?

With msinfo32 active you may be able to navigate to the adapters and list them for us.

msinfo32.png

If in doubt please ask.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.