cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Jugu
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Keeping getting blue screen

HP Recommended
Example: hp 2000 laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I keep on getting blue screen with error message. Most often it just restart.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,529
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jugu

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP 2000 series laptop. I read that the laptop displays a blue screen and then restarts. I'll be glad to assist you with this case.

To assist you better, I would like to know the following information:

• What is the exact laptop model no? This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • Did any hardware or software changes or updates happen on the laptop recently?
  • Does the laptop boot into Windows and while working does the blue screen appear?

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, MKazi is at your service. I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Power off the laptop.
  • Remove the battery out. If the battery is integrated and does not have a latch to release it then leave the battery inside the laptop.
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

Also, I suggest performing the steps as described in detail from this HP document

Corrupt Windows system files can slow down the computer and cause other problems. System File Checker (SFC) is a utility in Windows that scans for corrupted system files. If SFC finds a problem, it tries to replace the problem files from a cached version on your computer. If System File Checker cannot replace the corrupt files, use the Deployment Image Service and Management Tool (DISM). DISM checks the corrupted files, then downloads and replaces the files through Windows Update.Use the following instructions to run System File Checker.

• In Windows, search for Command Prompt. In the search results, right-click Command Prompt, select Run as administrator, then click Yes.

• In Command Prompt, type sfc /scannow. Make sure to include the space between sfc and the forward slash /.

Figure : Running System File Checker

Running System File Checker

• Press Enter, then wait while System File Checker scans for corrupted files.

When the scan completes, the results display on the screen.

• If the file checker found and replaced any corrupted files, restart the computer, then check the performance.

• If the file checker did not find any corrupted files or found corrupted files but could not replace them, then go to the next step.

• If System File Checker finds corrupted files but cannot replace them, use the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool. DISM checks the corrupted files, then downloads and replaces the files using Windows Update.

• In Windows, open a web browser.

NOTE: You need to be connected to the Internet to use DISM.

• In Windows, search for Command Prompt. In the search results, right-click Command Prompt, select Run as administrator, then click Yes.

• In Command Prompt, type dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth. Make sure to include the space before each forward slash / in the command line.

Press Enter, then wait while DISM works. This might take several minutes.

Figure : Running DISM

Running DISM

• If DISM finds corrupted files, it replaces them using Windows Update. If this occurs, after DISM is finished, restart your computer and see if the performance has improved.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Please keep me posted on the results. 

All the best! 🙂

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation