Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 14-dk0058ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought Hp Laptop on 22 December 2019 and while using the laptop it freezes for few minutes and then unfreezes. Could it be the graphic problem or USB issue. How can this be fixed?

Thanks,

Mohammed

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello, if it is a new laptop, you can contact your resseller because you can maybe exchange your PC if it is defect. 

If you can't, please begin by upgrading all HP drivers (except the BIOS), using HP Support Assistant (already installed in your computer). 

And if you want you can execute an hardware test in your computer. For this, restart your computer by tapping F2 when it is been down for restart. You come in HP Hardware Diagnostic Interface and can execute all tests. If you have a fail please tell us. 

For more information about HP Hardware Diagnostics please see this: 
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467259

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

Hello, 

I ran a diagnostic test for the system and everything passed. I believe the freeze is related to usb port, when I was installing printer hardware from HP website, I believe I installed two Samsung M2070 series and that was causing the conflict. I uninstalled the usb device from device manager and until now everything seemed fine.

HP Recommended

Hello, maybe a problem with your printer installation.. If you retry this installation your PC works?? 

I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

Yeah it has to do with installation of two devices. 

HP Recommended

But if you reinstall one of this devices from the beginning, your problem as the same? Are you updated all drivers with HP Support Assistant??

HP Recommended

I reinstalled the usb devices and until now everything is fine. I have to wait for two days to make sure it does not freeze again.

HP Recommended

If you have the same problem in several times please go back to us! 

HP Recommended

I clicked on Device Manager, then I expand firmware and saw system firmware and I click update and restarted the laptop and the BIOS is updated, everything seems running smoothly.

HP Recommended

I hope it will last!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.