Resolve Windows 10 related issues for your HP computers or printers by HP Windows 10 Support Center
My laptop doesn't charge up to 100% anymore. It hardly ever gets to 50 or 70%. And when it does, it runs down ever so quickly and does without warning. Please what do I do?
@ambaolaks Greetings from the HP Community!
I have a few steps listed below that should help you resolve this concern:
Unplug the charge, Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins.
Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager:
1) In the search box, type and open “Device Manager”.
2) Expand “Batteries”.
3) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.
4) Click on “Uninstall”.
5) At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver
6) Shutdown the computer.
7) Remove the battery for a minute and then put it back in. (Skip this step if you have a non removable battery)
8 - When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver.
9) Go to Device Manager.
10) Expand Batteries.
11) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.
12) Click "Search automatically for updated driver software"
Do the same thing with Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller.
If the issue persists, run a battery and adapter test using the steps mentioned in this link: Click here
Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.
Riddle_Decipher I am an HP Employee
Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately the solution given was not effective. I ran the battery diagnostics check as suggested, and its result was UNKNOWN. What do I do next?
If the issue persists, please contact our HP Support team for Service Options as it could be a possible hardware issue:
1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.
Keep me posted for any other assistance.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
KUMAR0307 I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community