I have been facing issue with my laptop since last two weeks , it keeps on shutting down randomly and I can't switch it on untill I plug it into charge , however the battery charge is full or at least 50 percent.Any help will be appreciated .
@Priyanka07 If the device is turning on when the adapter is connected but it turns off suddenly and doesn't turn back on with the battery alone, it may seem that the battery is not holding charge or is malfunctioning, here's what I recommend we do:
I have a few steps listed below that should help you resolve this concern:
Unplug the charge, Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins.
Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager:
1) In the search box, type and open “Device Manager”.
2) Expand “Batteries”.
3) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.
4) Click on “Uninstall”.
5) At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver
6) Shutdown the computer.
7) Remove the battery for a minute and then put it back in.
8 - When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver.
9) Go to Device Manager.
10) Expand Batteries.
11) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.
12) Click "Search automatically for updated driver software"
Do the same thing with Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller.
If the issue persists, run a battery and adapter test using the steps mentioned in this link: Click here
P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
I am gonna follow your mentioned steps....lets see whether it would help or not 🙂 The problem is not resolved ..i took test as you said and the test result was failed ..i need to replace battery but how it possible that battery is not functioning properly ..it has been just a year that i am using this laptop.