Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv7
I download pictures from a memory card with a corrupt file to try and save pictures. Since then the laptop screen will go completely pixilated and I can't use my laptop. Also the fan on the bottom left runs constantly and it's extremely hot.
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi

Let us asume that the download was infected/corrupted.

You can try an F11 Factory Fresh install, this may wipe all your wanted data, but should clear unwanted files.

If you have a Restore Point to roll back to, it may help.

You can try and run a malware scanner like Malwarebytes.

You can try a rescue disk like https://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/rescuedisk

If you have a Recovery Disk then you can use that.

If you can post your Make Model and OS it may help.

If in doubt please ask.

HP Recommended
Thank you! I have no computer knowledge. Much of this sounds foreign. I did notice when I popped the battery out for a minute and started it back up again the screen came back (first time in months!) Trying to sort files and delete anything unfamiliar/unnecessary. Can this help narrow down/eliminate if something WAS corrupt? Also having trouble locating photos that would have been on that memory card. Could it be possible I didn't download anything harmful in the first place and possibly a mechanical issue? I noticed while using it, it kept getting hotter and hotter. The fan never stopped. Also a screen saying "no amd driver installed/ or corrupt" appears upon restarting.
HP Recommended

Hi

Make Model and OS please,

Drivers etc may be found via this link...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.