cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
FilipDries
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Login with touch

HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-4100nb

hey

Since I got the new Windows Update, I cannot log in with touchscreen. Everytime the keyboard goes away when I touch it. Super annoying. Is there a setting where I can choose to use Touchscreen to log-in?
(I have the HP spectre x360.)

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 5,676 830 1,225
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@FilipDries

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across you post and would like to help. I understand that you have an HP Spectre x360 - 13-4100nb and post a Windows update, you are unable to login with the touchscreen. Every time the keyboard goes away when you touch it. 

If this happened soon after the Windows update that it's evident that the update is the cause for this. Let us perform a system restore and restore the laptop to a previous date before the Windows update and it should  be fine. Below mentioned are the steps to perform a system restore:

• Turn off the computer and wait at least 5 seconds with the computer in a full off state.

• Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key, about once every second, until you see the Windows loading screen.

• If a language selection screen opens, select the language you want to use to continue.

• On the Choose your keyboard layout screen, select the keyboard layout that matches your keyboard type.

Figure: Choose your keyboard layout

Choose your keyboard layout screen

• On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot .

Figure: Choose an option

Choose an option screen, with Troubleshoot selected

• On the Troubleshoot screen, click Advanced Options.

Figure: Troubleshoot

Troubleshoot screen, with Advanced options selected

• On the Advanced options screen, click System Restore.

Figure: Advanced options

Advanced options screen, with System Restore selected

Click Windows 8, click Windows 8.1, or click Windows 10 as the target operating system.

Figure: System Restore

System Restore screen, with a target operating system selected

• The System Restore window opens.
  • Click Next
  • Figure: System Restore window
System Restore window, with Next encircled in red
  • Click the restore point that you want to use, and then click Next .
  • The Confirm Restore Point window opens.
  • Click Finish to restore your computer to a previous point.

Figure: Confirm your restore point

Confirm your restore point screen, with Finish circled in red

• Do not interrupt System Restore when it starts. Doing so can corrupt your hard drive and create more problems. Click Yes in the warning that appears.

Figure: Do not interrupt warning

Warning that appears before beginning a System Restore

• System Restore returns the computer configuration to a previous point in time and restarts.

Once the system restore is complete, pease check the performance of your laptop. Hope this helps. Feel free to let me know the outcome. Cheers! 🙂

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 5,676 830 1,225
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@FilipDries

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across you post and would like to help. I understand that you have an HP Spectre x360 - 13-4100nb and post a Windows update, you are unable to login with the touchscreen. Every time the keyboard goes away when you touch it. 

If this happened soon after the Windows update that it's evident that the update is the cause for this. Let us perform a system restore and restore the laptop to a previous date before the Windows update and it should  be fine. Below mentioned are the steps to perform a system restore:

• Turn off the computer and wait at least 5 seconds with the computer in a full off state.

• Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key, about once every second, until you see the Windows loading screen.

• If a language selection screen opens, select the language you want to use to continue.

• On the Choose your keyboard layout screen, select the keyboard layout that matches your keyboard type.

Figure: Choose your keyboard layout

Choose your keyboard layout screen

• On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot .

Figure: Choose an option

Choose an option screen, with Troubleshoot selected

• On the Troubleshoot screen, click Advanced Options.

Figure: Troubleshoot

Troubleshoot screen, with Advanced options selected

• On the Advanced options screen, click System Restore.

Figure: Advanced options

Advanced options screen, with System Restore selected

Click Windows 8, click Windows 8.1, or click Windows 10 as the target operating system.

Figure: System Restore

System Restore screen, with a target operating system selected

• The System Restore window opens.
  • Click Next
  • Figure: System Restore window
System Restore window, with Next encircled in red
  • Click the restore point that you want to use, and then click Next .
  • The Confirm Restore Point window opens.
  • Click Finish to restore your computer to a previous point.

Figure: Confirm your restore point

Confirm your restore point screen, with Finish circled in red

• Do not interrupt System Restore when it starts. Doing so can corrupt your hard drive and create more problems. Click Yes in the warning that appears.

Figure: Do not interrupt warning

Warning that appears before beginning a System Restore

• System Restore returns the computer configuration to a previous point in time and restarts.

Once the system restore is complete, pease check the performance of your laptop. Hope this helps. Feel free to let me know the outcome. Cheers! 🙂

View solution in original post

FilipDries
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
It works again. Thank you!
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation